Site Sponsors

Thread: Need help with pricing a P30+ kit

Post Thanks / Like

Need help with pricing a P30+ kit

I'm *considering* selling my Phase One setup, but need help with finding a realistic value for it, so any input you can give me will be appreciated This is NOT a for sale thread, I just need help with realistic expectations. I'm located in Iceland where the market for digital medium format is non-existant, and I've been using eBay, KEH, GetDpi & FredMiranda to try and create a price-awareness in my head for this setup, but P30+ backs are incredibly rare, few sales to give me pricing ideas. If you prefer, a private message with an opinion on prices would be great too. I hope I'm not breaking any rules with this thread and if I am, I apologise and expect this thread to be removed without further notice

What I have is the following, most bought in Iceland at the local Phase One dealer:

Phase One P30+ with around 40k clicks on it, great condition, 4 batteries. ($4000)
    Phase One 645DF camera ($1100)
    Schneider-Kreuznach 80mm f/2.8 LS ($1100)
    Phase One 35mm f/3.5 AF ($1100)
    Mamiya 120mm Macro f/4 manual focus with digital contacts ($900)
    Mamiya 210mm f/4 ULD AF ($500)
    Mamiya 80mm f/1.9N manual focus ($450)
    Mamiya 150mm /3.5N manual focus ($100)

All of the above lenses are in mint or great condition, and I have both the Phase One hard case for the back+body+lens, and a Phase-One labelled shoulderbag. I put the prices I think are in the right ballpark in ( ), but need confirmation or tips from people with better price awareness than mine

Thanks for reading, and return I'll give you this pretty photo of a recent snowing here in Iceland shot with the P30+ and 210mm f/4 ULD lens. Thanks to global warming and slowing of the gulf stream, summer is arriving rather late.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help with pricing a P30+ kit

Being in Iceland can help/hinder you. Not much competition, but equally, not much (local) demand.

Digitalback.com want $5490 for a used P30+ (65k clicks). I generally use the 25:25 rule: Buy used - I want 25% less than retail. Buy privately - I want 25% less than from a dealer. So, 75% of $5490 = $4100. Also, the last P30+ that sold on eBay went for $4k, so your price of $4k would seem to be about right.

Remember, you can buy a used IQ180 with VAW for ~$15k, so keep your expectations realistic (which I think they are).

Good luck with the sale.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

ProCentre in UK sold a P30 (not plus) for 2795 (plus VAT 20%)http://procentre.co.uk/sales-secondh...at-digital.php
    $4394 backed by a 6 month warranty.

I have seen a P30+ Contax fit sell for $4100 and a H fit for $5100 but no links.

No idea on the rest of the kit I don't watch those.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I'm in the right ballpark, at least regarding the back Thank you both kindly!

Post Thanks / Like

I think there's a move down in price now on the lower end backs, after being stable for a couple of years, more sellers than buyers I suppose when sub 50 MP is losing its sexiness in the broad layers. I'm selling an older back myself and a frequent visitor to buy/sale forums so I'm not just guessing, prices are reaching the "well, then I rather keep it" level. No reason to panic just yet though, and $4000 is a fair price. Having V-mount seems to be the best receipe to sell a lower end back, if one doesn't have that more patience may be required.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by torger View Post
    prices are reaching the "well, then I rather keep it" level.
    My M8 has hit that level.
    I have contended elsewhere that V fit digital backs at a lower price are a larger market that has been neglected. The number of bodies made alone should be an indicator of that but it is price sensitive although I am always surprised how many "new" high MP V ft backs crop up. I suppose it sounds a good idea but then the reality of shooting without mirror lock sets in, if only mount changes were not just silly money.