The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One News: XF Body, IQ3 backs, 35LS, 120LS, C1 8.3, Website

steve_cor

Gerald,
This is with the Schneider Kreuznach AF 110 f/2.8 LS lens.

This one is at f/5.6. Depth of field is shallow enough for me. Lens is sharper than wide open. Easier to achieve focus on the first try.

This one is wide open at f/2.8. Depth of field is too shallow for me. Lens is not as sharp wide open. Hard to achieve focus on the first try.

bab

Does the new body and firmware alow auto step focusing in tethered mode? This is a feature that would make me buy the system! I would like it to be able to set a minimum point and then a maximum point and have the software be able to ajust by my chosen criteria how many steps needed and auto make the exposures.
Thanks

Steve C

Seems to be a big error in the specs for the new 35mm LS lens. The Phase One website shows it with a 77mm filter thread while the download for the same lens lists the thread as 105mm. The weight differs by over a pound as well. Which is right? My guess is the bigger and heavier version.

Paul2660

Which why at first it looked like a refresh of the older 35mm. Obviously not all new and most impressive. Glad to see this lens in the lineup.

Paul

jagsiva

105! Awesome, I already have a couple of grand worth of filters for it then. Jumping in with Dante, but only one toe for now. This 35mm lens is the most exciting bit of this announcement for me. If it's anything close to the 32HR/40HR, I'm in.

Christopher

Ok so another question. In regards to upgrading. I have a IQ180 and want the 380 XF kit. Is there a complet upgrade or is it like:
Upgrade IQ180 to IQ380 and buy the XF separate ?

I am already talking to my dealer, but there is a bank holiday here and I'm a little inpatient. ;)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Ok so another question. In regards to upgrading. I have a IQ180 and want the 380 XF kit. Is there a complet upgrade or is it like:
Upgrade IQ180 to IQ380 and buy the XF separate ?

I am already talking to my dealer, but there is a bank holiday here and I'm a little inpatient. ;)
Bundles are available when upgrading backs which reduce the price of the XF body.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

tjv

Camera looks awesome, the new Phase One website however... Truly frustrating.
You can't please them all, eh? :)

What are the differences in functionality between the IQ1, IQ2, and IQ3 backs on the XF body?

Phase keeps saying Credo back will have the same functionality and support as IQ1 backs, which implies some reduced functionally. Would that reduced functionality extend beyond WiFi related features?

I'm happy with my IQ180 and am OK without WiFi, but I hope I can take advantage of all the other aspects of the new XF body.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Does this new body have any type of "True Focus" feature that we have seen on the Hassy's?
There is a high-accuracy 6 axis accelerometer and gyroscope in the XF body. An older version of this type of technology is what Hassy uses for their True Focus system. In the XF the accelerometer/gyro is not currently used for any focus-offset a la True Focus.

Now that the main foundation of the new platform is built, Phase One is very interested in soliciting feedback on what features/tools are most important to add to this platform (via firmware update). We will have the head of the XF project, Lau, at our NYC XF Launch Event in case you are in the area and would like to lobby for this in person. Otherwise I suggest you pass your interest in True Focus to your local dealer.