The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lubing the Cube

The knob for the top geared section of my Cube (not the rotator, but the part that has the two levels on it) has been getting increasingly stiff to turn as of late--and this is even with the plus--minus knob turned all the way to minus. Which means the gears probably need to be cleaned and possibly lubricated.

Anyone have directions on how to do this, or is this one of those "live with it, and then when it gets too bad, ship it back to Arca-Swiss and wait a month" issues?

-=Martin

MILESF

I had exactly the same problem and shipped it back to A-S. It came back in around two weeks and is just wonderful again. I'm in the UK so the turnaround time may be faster for me but it was time and (not much) money well spent for me.