Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: canon 11-24L with Hasselblad CFV-50c digital back test

  1. #1
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    canon 11-24L with Hasselblad CFV-50c digital back test

    studio test (youtube video)


    outstanding center ~ edge image quality, I think it's the perfect for outdoor landscape photographer.

    I will test landscapes shot this week.
    Name:  59b135c0461b0aeb2a31a420cf4e40c2_large.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  107.1 KB
    Name:  32478db4d496c2cae49976757e0ef30f_large.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  105.9 KB
    Name:  bcb75ae232d852818d5c76b92368f4cc_large.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  97.9 KB
    Name:  ebc8a08650275fc8f66a707c39ec33b9_large.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  67.1 KB
    Name:  090554ba3f549b466c6b38898c4cef7b_large.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  110.1 KB
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Little Rock AR
    Posts
    1,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4

    Re: canon 11-24L with Hasselblad CFV-50c digital back test

    What adapter are you using for the lens and does it allow for shift? Or rise fall?

    Thanks
    Paul

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: canon 11-24L with Hasselblad CFV-50c digital back test

    So without the built in lens hood this would give coverage at 11mm!

    That is one amazing lens from Canon.....

  4. #4
    Senior Member Antonio Chagin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Miami-Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: canon 11-24L with Hasselblad CFV-50c digital back test

    Great!
    www.achdigital.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: canon 11-24L with Hasselblad CFV-50c digital back test

    Quote Originally Posted by gazwas View Post
    So without the built in lens hood this would give coverage at 11mm!

    That is one amazing lens from Canon.....
    I very much doubt it. In fact I'd put good money on it not getting even close to covering a 44x33 sensor at 11mm.

    I rather suspect it will be just like the Nikon 12-24, where the lens hood is designed to physically vignette at the limits of the image circle (I had one of these shaved to test it).

    Kind regards,


    Gerald.

  6. #6
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: canon 11-24L with Hasselblad CFV-50c digital back test

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul2660 View Post
    What adapter are you using for the lens and does it allow for shift? Or rise fall?

    Thanks
    Paul
    Very cheap chinese adapter modified to infinity focus.
    But it has no shift functions, only use for canon 17, 24tse lenses.
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    115
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: canon 11-24L with Hasselblad CFV-50c digital back test

    Quote Originally Posted by gazwas View Post
    So without the built in lens hood this would give coverage at 11mm!

    That is one amazing lens from Canon.....
    Even if it can't do 11mm, it's still an impressive hunk of glass. It's a shame they went to automatic apertures for the EF mount, though.

    I wonder if the Zeiss 15mm has enough coverage for 33x44. A ZF would at least give you an aperture ring.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Stefan Steib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lindenberg im Allgäu
    Posts
    1,294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: canon 11-24L with Hasselblad CFV-50c digital back test

    Fresh from typing - just measured - done with the HCam master TS V2 and the fully modified Canon 11-24 (Shade off and back lens cover removed)
    I thought this will help here also, The shift Adapter does take a little bit of movements additionally (due to the fact that the vertical hole is about 3mm larger than the horizontal opening), so this should be - at least- the image circle on Chieks camera also (with a modified lens - see my thread)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Stefan Steib; 1st July 2015 at 05:19.
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  9. #9
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: canon 11-24L with Hasselblad CFV-50c digital back test

    outdoor test video.


    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at ?? 12.42.39.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  20.3 KB
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: canon 11-24L with Hasselblad CFV-50c digital back test

    Does it have the image circle enough for 44x33???

    Can it shift?

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: canon 11-24L with Hasselblad CFV-50c digital back test

    Quote Originally Posted by kimyeesan View Post
    Does it have the image circle enough for 44x33???

    Can it shift?
    Based on Stefan's chart above, the below details the implied image circle(s) of the lens at different focal lengths:



    (44x33 requires a minimum of 55mm image circle, 53.7x40.4 requires a minimum of 67.2mm)

    Kind regards,


    Gerald.

    /edit

    I think it's important to stress that the movements Stefan is mentioning cannot be combined - i.e. for landscape orientation, you will NOT be able to shift both 4mm up and 3mm left at the same time, and expect to not hit the limits of the image circle.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: canon 11-24L with Hasselblad CFV-50c digital back test

    Following on from the above, I wonder if Stefan could explain the following -

    Why are the landscape vertical shifts and portrait horizontal shifts different?

    It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Turning the camera through 90 degrees cannot possibly change the image circle of the lens!

    Kind regards,


    Gerald.

  13. #13
    Senior Member malmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    538
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: canon 11-24L with Hasselblad CFV-50c digital back test

    Quote Originally Posted by chiek View Post
    Very cheap chinese adapter modified to infinity focus.
    But it has no shift functions, only use for canon 17, 24tse lenses.
    Hi Chiek

    Can this "Dmini" shutter/tech camera be purchased to connect an IQ180 back to suitable Canon lenses?

    I realise that only a few of the Canon lenses have an image circle large enough to cover the 180 sensor but if the price was right it would provide another option.


    Thanks


    Mal

  14. #14
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: canon 11-24L with Hasselblad CFV-50c digital back test

    Quote Originally Posted by malmac View Post
    I realise that only a few of the Canon lenses have an image circle large enough to cover the 180 sensor but if the price was right it would provide another option.
    Actually, Some 35mm format shift lenses are medium format lens.
    not only covered medium format sensor size, but also corner sharpness are good.
    Try 17/24TS lens to this camera. You will surprise TS lens image quality.
    It is comparable or better than germany optics.


    Phaseone backs needs mini sync cable


    but you need 2shots. one is wake-up and another is real shot.

    If you hate this, You can try Kapture-group one shot cable release.

    by the way, IQ180 has Dalsa? Dalsa needs no wake-up. only connect sync cable like my CFV-50c.
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems

  15. #15
    Senior Member malmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    538
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: canon 11-24L with Hasselblad CFV-50c digital back test

    Quote Originally Posted by chiek View Post
    Actually, Some 35mm format shift lenses are medium format lens.
    not only covered medium format sensor size, but also corner sharpness are good.
    Try 17/24TS lens to this camera. You will surprise TS lens image quality.
    It is comparable or better than germany optics.


    Phaseone backs needs mini sync cable


    but you need 2shots. one is wake-up and another is real shot.

    If you hate this, You can try Kapture-group one shot cable release.

    by the way, IQ180 has Dalsa? Dalsa needs no wake-up. only connect sync cable like my CFV-50c.
    Chiek

    Do you know a supplier for the Dmini body with shutter which goes between the Canon lens and the IQ180?

    I have both the 11-24 lens you tested and also the 24mmT/S - so really a cable and a Dmini and I could be set up?

    Mal

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: canon 11-24L with Hasselblad CFV-50c digital back test

    Quote Originally Posted by gerald.d View Post
    Based on Stefan's chart above, the below details the implied image circle(s) of the lens at different focal lengths:



    (44x33 requires a minimum of 55mm image circle, 53.7x40.4 requires a minimum of 67.2mm)

    Kind regards,


    Gerald.

    /edit

    I think it's important to stress that the movements Stefan is mentioning cannot be combined - i.e. for landscape orientation, you will NOT be able to shift both 4mm up and 3mm left at the same time, and expect to not hit the limits of the image circle.
    Great, thanks! still wondering what is the IQ level on the edge....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •