The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture one files not stitching in Photoshop

bahr

Hi everyone,

So I'm having a problem when taking converted capture one 8.3 files into photoshop.
Normally stitching in Photoshop always worked fine for me but I've had consistent crashes when trying to open either canon files or iq350 files in Photoshop cc2015. I'm using a late 2011 MacBook Pro with 2.4ghz i7, 8gb ram and 1gb graphics card.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Bahr

bahr

Hi, I've tried tiffs first and had multiple freeze/crashes and then the same when I tried it with jpegs. All processed in capture one 8.3. I then tried it after updating to 8.3.1 and same thing.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
When I tried the Stitch in Photoshop option in C1 8.3 it barfed with a message saying that Photoshop versions up to CC 2014 are supported which was a bit of a pain since I only have CC 2015 on this machine.

bahr

When I tried the Stitch in Photoshop option in C1 8.3 it barfed with a message saying that Photoshop versions up to CC 2014 are supported which was a bit of a pain since I only have CC 2015 on this machine.

Hi Graham,

That's the message I had as well. But then I tried to do it directly in Photoshop with the processed canon and iq350 files from capture one and it just freezes. Have you tried stitching the same converted files directly in Photoshop?

Bahr

jagsiva

Do you have any pre-8.3 files you can try? It maybe your CC installation. I will test on mine when I get a chance.

fmueller

Worked fine yesterday. Using 8.3.1. Processed out 2 uncompressed tiffs from a Credo 60 directly into PS CC 2015. Then did File|Automate|Photomerge... use all open files

Mid 2010 Mac Pro

bahr

Worked fine yesterday. Using 8.3.1. Processed out 2 uncompressed tiffs from a Credo 60 directly into PS CC 2015. Then did File|Automate|Photomerge... use all open files

Mid 2010 Mac Pro
Hi, that's what I normally do with no issues but I've just uninstalled and re-installed Photoshop cc 2015 and hoping that solves the issue. If I could get an email sent via pm I can send a couple of files to see if it's working on your systems. Really don't want to buy a new laptop and have the same issue.

vjbelle

Works fine for me using 8.3.2 although I much prefer to use PTGUI. More work but much better Pano conversion.

Victor