The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Problems with Capture One 8.3x on win 7 after minimize

Paul2660

Since I upgraded to Capture one 8.3, every time I minimize the screen from 100% to the task bar and then restore it, the C1 screen freezes. Every time, are no exceptions. I am running win7 64 bit, with all Win updates current. Monitor is an NEC 30" running spectravision. Full resolution on the screen.

I have pulled down 8.3.1 or whatever the latest version is to see if there is a fix, however I am also going to download 8.2.2 again and drop back to it if there is no fix in 8.3.1.

Has anyone else on windows noticed this issue?

On restore to 100%, the screen goes white, and freezes. You have to restart C1 and pick the session.

Thanks
Paul Caldwell

Paul2660

Donald,

Thanks for the info. I am totally surprised by this issue. I backed off to 8.2.2 last night, and the problem has gone. So much for staying current.as this makes a PC a single tasking machine as if you have anything else open and try to access it, then when you come back to C1, it freezes. The fact you have it in Win 8 also, to me points to a C1 issue not a windows update problem. I found the post on the Phase One tech forum and was surprised by the lack luster Phase One response.

I also feel that 8.3x has an issue with the color editor selection tool, where at times it does not represent the correct color in the selection area.

Paul

vjbelle

I have 8.3.1 on a dedicated Windows computer and have no issues. I am, however, running Win 8.1 but don't think that should be an issue.

Victor

Paul2660

It's an odd error as it seems to effect some, like myself, and others not. I have made no changes to my equipment, still using nvidia/gigabyte GX470 with latest drivers. However 8.2.2 works great, so back to the future for me.

Paul

Paul2660

I am running an older GX470 by Gigabyte, with only 1 GB of V ram. All my drivers are current, just double checked and windows has no updates.

I don't think I am missing anything but support for the new 380, 360 and 350 in 8.3 so I am going to stay with 8.2.2 for now. But it's a strange problem.

I am going to play with 8.3.1 on my back up win7 machine later today also has the GX470 card and see if notice this and load it on my Surface 3 and see. It will be the DB version on the Surface.

Paul

donaldlavay

Paul2660

It is actually Microsoft . NET Framework Repair Tool which you should run first:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Then reinstall to make sure you have the latest version:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

BTW- would also suggest that you remove the Phase One folder under C:\ProgramData during the clean uninstall in addition to what Phase One Support recommended. Of course, you will have to reactivate C1 when done
Many thanks, will work on this today.

Paul

donaldlavay

Paul,

CAUSE TURNS OUT TO BE CORRUPTION (OR INCOMPATIBILITY) OF THE USER SAVED WORKSPACE FILE.

After using the Framework repair tool, and doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of C1 8.3.1 the minimize problem resolved without a recurrence until I reinstalled my workspace file from a backup. At this point the minimize problem recurred. I was able to return normal functionality by deleting this one file. You might try this before undertaking the Phase One support recommendation.

File location: User-AppData-Local-CaptureOne-Workspaces

Last edited:

Paul2660

As this issue still has plagued me, even after several clean installs. The problem just come back. For me even if I delete the workspace folder (which on my machine is empty) I opened a case with C1 and heard back today. They are aware of it and are working on fix.

Note if you have this issue, and get the white screen, you can just minimize the program, (2nd box on the top), just don't take down to the task bar.

I have attached a screen print from tech support Phase One.

Paul

C1 tech response no1.jpg