The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 50C sensor with Schneider APO-Digitar XL 24mm f/5.6

GHPhoto

I'm hoping someone may be able to advise on using the SK XL 24mm with the Hassy 50C sensor (on a cambo WRS 1200).
SK have discontinued production of the lens for some reason.
Are there resolution issues with this combination? I know the lens hasn't the greatest of images circles but I have an opportunity to get one for a reasonable price.

I'll appreciate any user experiences.
Thanks,
Grant

RodK

I'm hoping someone may be able to advise on using the SK XL 24mm with the Hassy 50C sensor (on a cambo WRS 1200).
SK have discontinued production of the lens for some reason.
Are there resolution issues with this combination? I know the lens hasn't the greatest of images circles but I have an opportunity to get one for a reasonable price.

I'll appreciate any user experiences.
Thanks,
Grant
Grant,
This lens has only got a 60mm image circle, and has extreme curvature to cover that. Given that the 44x33 sensor requires a 55mm circle just to cover it and, in addition, appreciates very perpendicular light rays, this would be a bad choice. Just not useable. Originally designed for 24x36 or at most 37x37 sensors.
Hope this helps.
Rod

GHPhoto

Grant,
This lens has only got a 60mm image circle, and has extreme curvature to cover that. Given that the 44x33 sensor requires a 55mm circle just to cover it and, in addition, appreciates very perpendicular light rays, this would be a bad choice. Just not useable. Originally designed for 24x36 or at most 37x37 sensors.
Hope this helps.
Rod
Thanks so much for your advice. It helped enormously.

All the best.

Grant