The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Adapter

mohanloke

I have several CF lenses from my trusty V system and wanted to use them on the H system I just purchased. The adapter Hassy makes is very expensive. So, I was looking for an alternative. There is an adpter ad., on eBay by someone with CIrrus Adapter Cirrus Hasselblad V Lens Adapter to Hasselblad H5D H4D H3D H3 H2D H2 H1 | eBay

This is adapter is very inexpensive compared to adapter made by Hassy. However, I cannot see how the V system lens work with this adapter as there is no way to cock the lens on this adapter.

Does anyone have the experience with the Cirrus adapter? Does it work for using my old T* lenses?

Thanks

ondebanks

Cirrus make adapters of high mechanical quality (I have their Mamiya 645 to T2 one), but that V to H adapter is weird. It appears that they have wrongly assumed that the H cameras have a focal plane shutter.

Ray

cerett

Cirrus make adapters of high mechanical quality (I have their Mamiya 645 to T2 one), but that V to H adapter is weird. It appears that they have wrongly assumed that the H cameras have a focal plane shutter.

Ray
Agree. The Hasselblad CF adapter has a lens cocking mechanism that I don't see here. The CF adapter is way overpriced, but does communicate with the H body very nicely.

ChrisLivsey

The CF adapter is way overpriced,
Not used it isn't :D

The e-bay adapter will no doubt mount a V lens on a H body as advertised. Regrettably it will then sit there doing nothing at all. There is no way to release the shutter in the V lens and no shutter in the H to release, I believe that is a catch 22 situation.
I'm very happy with my CF converter.- it even allows my E lens to talk to the H body about its f stops.

PabloR

Hello

I am also interested in Cirrus Adapters.

Does the Hasselblad H system works fine with this adapter?

It doesn't have any mechanism, so, the central shutter of the lens don't works, and the focal plane shutter will be the one who make the work.

can any one confirm it will works fine?

regards
Pablo

Kurnia

Hello

I am also interested in Cirrus Adapters.

Does the Hasselblad H system works fine with this adapter?

It doesn't have any mechanism, so, the central shutter of the lens don't works, and the focal plane shutter will be the one who make the work.

can any one confirm it will works fine?

regards
Pablo
Hi Pablo,
I'm new using H3DII, and yes I have several C & CF lenses, trying to keep them and really excited to use them with H body.
As you mentioned this low cost adapter, would you mind to tell me more about it ?
Sorry, I also notice that you post in "http://www.pablo-rodrigo.com/techniks/hasselblad-h-vs-v-lenses", tried to post a question there,
really hope you may help me about how to use such adapter.
I tried to disassemble the lens(H lens), but then "No lens" warning came out so I just cannot shoot, and tried also to set it to "Flash sync" setting,
but when I put the back to H body, it just won't change to H3D setting.
Please help me

fotophil

The Hasselblad Cf Adapter for the H series was a complicated expensive device compared to a conventional dumb adapter because it had to synchronize the digital back timing to the CF Lens Shutter. It's interesting that Hasselblad never offered a comparable CF Adapter for the X1D Camera - perhaps it proved to be even more complicated and/or expensive. At any rate it is highly doubtful that such an adapter would appear on E-bay.