Site Sponsors

Thread: Hasselblad Adapter

Post Thanks / Like

Hasselblad Adapter

I have several CF lenses from my trusty V system and wanted to use them on the H system I just purchased. The adapter Hassy makes is very expensive. So, I was looking for an alternative. There is an adpter ad., on eBay by someone with CIrrus Adapter Cirrus Hasselblad V Lens Adapter to Hasselblad H5D H4D H3D H3 H2D H2 H1 | eBay

This is adapter is very inexpensive compared to adapter made by Hassy. However, I cannot see how the V system lens work with this adapter as there is no way to cock the lens on this adapter.

Does anyone have the experience with the Cirrus adapter? Does it work for using my old T* lenses?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hasselblad Adapter

Cirrus make adapters of high mechanical quality (I have their Mamiya 645 to T2 one), but that V to H adapter is weird. It appears that they have wrongly assumed that the H cameras have a focal plane shutter.

Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ondebanks View Post
    Cirrus make adapters of high mechanical quality (I have their Mamiya 645 to T2 one), but that V to H adapter is weird. It appears that they have wrongly assumed that the H cameras have a focal plane shutter.

Ray
    Agree. The Hasselblad CF adapter has a lens cocking mechanism that I don't see here. The CF adapter is way overpriced, but does communicate with the H body very nicely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cerett View Post
    The CF adapter is way overpriced,
    Not used it isn't

The e-bay adapter will no doubt mount a V lens on a H body as advertised. Regrettably it will then sit there doing nothing at all. There is no way to release the shutter in the V lens and no shutter in the H to release, I believe that is a catch 22 situation.
    I'm very happy with my CF converter.- it even allows my E lens to talk to the H body about its f stops.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hello

I am also interested in Cirrus Adapters.

Does the Hasselblad H system works fine with this adapter?

It doesn't have any mechanism, so, the central shutter of the lens don't works, and the focal plane shutter will be the one who make the work.

can any one confirm it will works fine?

regards
    Pablo