Site Sponsors

Thread: Rodie Apo-Grandagon 45/4.5 for Arcbody

Post Thanks / Like

Rodie Apo-Grandagon 45/4.5 for Arcbody

I'm wondering if anybody knows if this lens has the standard mount for V Hasselblad?

The Hasselblad Arcbody was in the V line of cameras, but the Arcbody only mounted the special made Rodenstocks and not the standard V lenses. Is this because a different mount or body/lens limitations.

Reason for asking is that I can pick up a brandnew Apo-Grandagon 45/4.5 for the Arcbody - for a steal - and my thinking was to use it with my Alpa FPS + V-lensplate and the forgiving big pixel back Aptus 5 II! (and ofcourse see if it is up for the Credo 60 as well...)
    But I worry that if it is 'special' mount it will just become a paperweight!

Thanks!
    Alpa FPS MAX TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Rodie Apo-Grandagon 45/4.5 for Arcbody

Dan, it is not a V-mount lens. The arc body was a totally new camera. The flange distance is much shorter than the V because there is no mirror box in the camera. It was the Flex body that could take V-mount lenses. However, you might be able to remount the lens--it does have its own shutter and basically the same Rodenstock lens sold for other cameras.
    Will

http://www.hakusancreation.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot Will!! I was hoping it was the same mount and only that the lens protruded, but then it is a no go.

Not worth a remount, so I'll just let it pass.

Thanks!
    Alpa FPS MAX TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com

Post Thanks / Like

From the photos I've seen, the Arc lenses also have Hasselblad's proprietary lens front mount, which is always fun.

The 45's a great lens, but I'm betting the 55 would make the Credo 60 happier. The exit pupil's a bit farther away, so the color cast isn't as strong when shifting, and it's a got a larger IC in which that big sensor can move around.