The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My Future Setup: Canon 120MP DSLR Body, Cambo Actus / Arca Univeralis & HR lenses

Canon Developing 8K Cinema EOS Camera, 120mp DSLR & 8K Display

It's not just merely a rumor, prototypes are on display!

Let's identify which Schindler / Rodenstock lenses will be compatible with this sensor, so we can sell what we don't need in future. Canon should send few sample prototypes to "CI in Carmel", so we can figure it out (subject to Don, Ken & Dave's approval)!

Probably Sony is also cooking something (100 MP+) which we don't know yet? Otherwise what Phase, Hassy, Nikon & Pentax are going to do? Or Canon going to rule finally?

V

Vivek

Re: My Future Setup: Canon 120MP DSLR Body, Cambo Actus / Arca Univeralis & HR lenses

Canon Developing 8K Cinema EOS Camera, 120mp DSLR & 8K Display

It's not just merely a rumor, prototypes are on display!

Let's identify which Schindler / Rodenstock lenses will be compatible with this sensor, so we can sell what we don't need in future. Canon should send few sample prototypes to "CI in Carmel", so we can figure it out (subject to Don, Ken & Dave's approval)!

Probably Sony is also cooking something (100 MP+) which we don't know yet? Otherwise what Phase, Hassy, Nikon & Pentax are going to do? Or Canon going to rule finally?
If/when Schindler builds an elevator good enough for any archaic DSLR, everyone trying sell a MFDB can change tracks and be involved with iphones.

JohnBrew

Re: My Future Setup: Canon 120MP DSLR Body, Cambo Actus / Arca Univeralis & HR lenses

Don't hold your breath waiting for Canon. If past announcements are anything to go by this design is probably 5 years from production.
Sony, OTH, may have something within the next 6 months, or so I'm told by a deep throat source.

kdphotography

The problem, Subrata, is that the Canon is a 35mm format DSLR. It is confined to that 3:2 format. I've never liked the skinny 35mm 3:2 format and always much prefer the aspect ratio offered by medium format. So unless Canon throws its hat into the ring for medium format or even large format digital cameras, I'm simply not too enthused. I don't think a Canon 35mm format DSLR is truly Pig material---especially since the emphasis is on medium format digital. :p You can bring a 120MP Canon DSLR along to a Pigs, but we may all be retired by the time it is released. :LOL:

Last edited:

thrice

None of the tech camera lenses will be very suitable.
Firstly nothing other than a long telephoto will allow infinity focus due to the mirror box in the Canon and secondly every lens will be diffraction limited at or near to wide open and thus will be softening by around f/8 and all those extra pixels are wasted.

Non-starter