The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad to be sold to Phase One...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so what is ok and normal for the innovation free mf market is total wrong when it comes the 35mm ?
Nothing wrong with it at all, but if Leica or Phase had introduced this camera, all of the Sony fanboys would have started their usual rhetoric of how their "Sony equivalent" could have given similar IQ at a fraction of the price, no? LOL

Uaiomex

Sony is the fastest photo company in building a substantial world pool of fanboys. They made it in only two years! I give them that. :salute:

Eduardo

Nothing wrong with it at all, but if Leica or Phase had introduced this camera, all of the Sony fanboys would have started their usual rhetoric of how their "Sony equivalent" could have given similar IQ at a fraction of the price, no? LOL

Ai_Print

Had lunch with a friend who is connected with PHASEONE...interesting times with them and Hasselblad, could be more than a rumor.

Some visual pudding in the form of the cameras we brought to the table....glad I ordered my CFV50c back, those Phase rigs ( IQ260 & Credo50 ) are *beasts*! Love my trusty M6 / 35...:thumbup:
PhaseLeica.jpg

Last edited:

gmfotografie

did you recommend buying a hasselblad system because of such rumors? actually hasselblad has some interesting offers.... h5d-40c with a 80mm for about 10.000€ exkluding vat.

modator

did you recommend buying a hasselblad system because of such rumors? actually hasselblad has some interesting offers.... h5d-40c with a 80mm for about 10.000€ exkluding vat.
Of course, also if Hasselblad close today You will find spare parts and service for the next 20 Years. Plus the market is full of good occasion on lens and accessory that for other systems are impossible to find or simply doesn't exsist...

I'm on the fourh H camera and I use also Pro dslr and mirrorless up to 36Mpix.... and since now if we speak About IQ to my modest opinion there is Nothing that beat MFD used in the right way !

There's also P1 ... And the new XF is one of my favorite too.

Mainly it depend's on Your Yob type, there isn't a camera for every task....

Best regards, Domenico.

I hope they get bought by someone who cares about MFD and the Hasselblad brand. The whole H system could go away for all I care since the XF and S pretty much do everything the H can do but better. I can't believe that old 40mp CCD camera is still on sale these days. When the Lunacy cameras came along, and the 645Z....the writing was on the wall.

T.Dascalos

Not Available
Of course, also if Hasselblad close today You will find spare parts and service for the next 20 Years. Plus the market is full of good occasion on lens and accessory that for other systems are impossible to find or simply doesn't exsist...

I'm on the fourh H camera and I use also Pro dslr and mirrorless up to 36Mpix.... and since now if we speak About IQ to my modest opinion there is Nothing that beat MFD used in the right way !

There's also P1 ... And the new XF is one of my favorite too.

Mainly it depend's on Your Yob type, there isn't a camera for every task....

Best regards, Domenico.
If there is a writing on the wall (more than the one for Hassy) Domenico, that is for Phase one... Remember me saying that a couple of years from now...

T.Dascalos

Not Available
Sooo... is "Hasselblad to be sold to Phase One...?" a far better question would be... "does the criple buy a wheel chair company?" ...or "does the moon buys earth"? The name "Hasselblad" (just the name) is estimated to cost 18M in the stock markets... (P1 name costs only a fraction of that). Where will P1 find 18M to buy (just) the name in a shrinking market? I think that the best price for the best next trolling should be if... "P1 buys Leica"... :ROTFL:

As I said before, P1 has enough trouble of their own to solve (main one being that they are based on wealthy amateurs that shoot for "fun" - and is a base segment that shrinks rapidly but trolls a lot)... buying Hasselblad could only double the trouble... They would (buy Hasselblad ) if it was a couple of years ago when it seemed that there are only "two players in the business"... but Leica thinks otherwise... and so does the market... ;)

jagsiva

Sooo... is "Hasselblad to be sold to Phase One...?" a far better question would be... "does the criple buy a wheel chair company?"
Once again, you've hit it on the head, I couldn't agree with you more. But why stop with Leica? What do you think of P1 just going all the way and buying Sony? Not just the photography side, but all of it? The markets have been harsh on Sony, so the stock is down. P1 is already using their sensors, and could block Ricoh and Nikon. I also hear 4K tv's are the cats meow.

Keep up the great work!

T.Dascalos

Not Available
Once again, you've hit it on the head, I couldn't agree with you more. But why stop with Leica? What do you think of P1 just going all the way and buying Sony? Not just the photography side, but all of it? The markets have been harsh on Sony, so the stock is down. P1 is already using their sensors, and could block Ricoh and Nikon. I also hear 4K tv's are the cats meow.

Keep up the great work!
In forums P1 dominated, P1 could end up buying Apple... :ROTFL:

EDIT: Keep up with the great work!

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Please folks, lets not allow this site to devolve into the same sort of rubbish we see elsewhere.
If you really want to engage in such drivel, please go and have fun where it is welcome.
From time to time there are acquisition rumors of all sorts and from time to time some of them actually come true, but speculation will get us nowhere.
Exactly how does this help you become a better photographer?
Infractions have been issued, next offense will result in a ban.
I am closing this thread since it just a trail to a blind alley.
thanks
-bob

Status
Not open for further replies.