The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaf Aptus II 12 colors

Paul Spinnler

Hi guys,

for some reason I dislike the colors of the Aptus -> portraits look like they have some very light "tint", I can't say what it is, but it is either warm, maybe a bit greenish / cool ... i.e. not neutral and it is very difficult for me to get the look I am after.

When I compare it to the Leica 007 files (I had a test unit) or the old Hasselblad 50 I like this a lot besser.

I know that these are other sensors, but is there a way to produce anther result from these files in Capture One? Can I import "ICC" files to change the look?

For me this is a deal killer and I am thinking of changing systems because of this as I can't get neutral colors / portraits our of this system / back.

(I also tried to play with the input ICC profiles in C1, but this doesn't change a lot...)

Many thanks!

Best,

P

yaya

Hi Paul, what profiles & settings are you using? The LF3 Product 5 profiles is fairly neutral and works well with both the Product and the Portrait curves. You do need to use a grey card to get the most out of these profiles but I suppose you know that already?

BR

Yair