The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

45mm focal length for Pentax 645D/645Z

Oren Grad

I'd welcome any thoughts about what might be the best bet to cover the 45mm focal length for Pentax 645 digital... for less than $1000. Manual focus or adapted from another system is fair game here - the objective is to maximize optical quality within the price constraint.

algrove

Considering your conditions, why not try the 45-85 which is best at the 45-65 range. Good used prices. I seldom use mine so it will be sold soon.

D&A

Algrove nailed it! I too have found most samples of the Pentax FA 45-85 zoom set at 45mm quite superior to the fixed focal length FA 45mm 645 lens.

Dave (D&A)

Ed Hurst

Totally agree. At that price point, the 45-85mm zoom is the best option (superior to the 45 primes on the 645 and 67 systems). If money were no object, the 28-45 zoom is the best option by far, but that doesn't meet your $ criteria!

Ed