The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One XF 90° Prism

kdphotography

Doug, the viewfinder latch is the only shortcoming I see. Not much consolation other than to tell you you'll probably really enjoy everything else the XF offers. I'd like to see some sort of fail-safe "safety" incorporated into the viewfinder latch. ken

I'm extremely satisfied with the XF. I have shot about 4000 photos with mine, ranging from tripod mounted to handheld images without any latch issues. When not in use it stays in my backpack, either on the side with the grip up or flat down on the base where the tripod mount is. I fully echo Ken's remarks about the auto focus. It's funny that as a portrait photographer I rarely have a need for using the Mirror up function, but when I pick up an architectural gig it's super cool to use.

jeffery_Salter_XF.jpg

Last edited:

kdphotography

Oooh---Jeffrey. I see you go the blue strap from Peak Design. Very nice. It makes me feel so plain with black. At least it does match my gaffers tape. :D

Actually you know I had to match my IQ260 diggie back blue bumper....Plus Don has a Red peak design strap and you have a Black peak design strap so we won't get any cameras mixed up at Carmel "Not your mother's workshop" in 2016.

Don Libby

The only issue I have with the XF is the prism getting loose everyone in awhile and have zero regrets in buying it. I'm also very happy with how well it works with my IQ180.

Keep the order and sit back and wait for it to get to you.

Don

Phocus

I love the new XF as well but prism locking mechanism is a bit easy to unlock and I feel mine is not sitting flushed/perfectly on the body. There are times that I need to double check the prism to make sure that is placed and secured correctly.

On the other hand, I prefer Hasselblad H4/5 digital back lock mechanism. it's easier to remove the back on Hassy compared to P1, the prism/viewfinder on P1 is not straight ( a bit angled down ) which makes it more challenging.