The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad now sells 50ms & 200ms as stand alone backs.

T.Dascalos

Not Available
Multi-Shot Digital Back - Hasselblad

They seem to have wake up! One can now buy the 50ms & 200ms MFDBs as stand alone backs and combine them with a H-5X only if wants a complete camera...

This means that the user can now upgrade the camera (for another future H) and keep his back, or that he can use the back on a view or tech camera (and possibly an older H that can take film) without having to also purchase a new Hasselblad H camera at all... Lets hope that they'll offer the backs for other platforms soon... Remember that Phase One XF camera users don't have access to multishot technology at all since they don't allow compatibility with other backs than the IQ series.

T.Dascalos

Not Available
It seems that Hasselblad is gradually "openning" the system back, while Phase One is "closing" it... LOL :bugeyes: :facesmack:

If in Hasselblad they realize that offering the backs for other cameras (via re-introducing user interchangeable mounts? - that would be nice :clap:) can only add them customers and even attract them to replace their bodies with Hasselblad sometime in the future...:banghead:, it could mean that the company will grow back.

rmueller

Well as far as I understood my dealer there are only few people left with Hasselblad. So the easiest way to get some money for future R&D is to remove existing (mostly artificial) limitations and offer promotions on existing products.
At the end, its better to sell 10 units a 10k than sell no unit at 100k just to pick some number.

I for myself welcome this move and wish Hasselblad all the best and a bright future. Really looking forward to upgrade
my H3DII at some point so hopefully we'll see a H6D with USB3 and some other improvements (what about a focal plane
shutter to begin with) at photokina '16. Good luck guys, your wooden camera grip experiment is forgiven by now ;-)

Just my 2 cents,
Ralf

T.Dascalos

Not Available
I really hope they are reading these threads as to get as much advice as they can directly from photographers on what photographer's needs are... They certainly ignored their own customers when they decided all this "closed system" policy, stopped the CF backs for other cameras and left the V users without a true WA offering... I hate to say that the photographers "saw it coming" but they never did although it is their own business... That's why I started the thread with "they seem to have wake up"! ...lets hope they'll continue to "wake up"...

I also wonder, do other MF makers "see it coming" when they decide to close their systems? ...I hope they'll also "wake up" soon , before it proves too late for them... :deadhorse:

Last edited: