Site Sponsors

Thread: Hasselblad now sells 50ms & 200ms as stand alone backs.

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Hasselblad now sells 50ms & 200ms as stand alone backs.

Multi-Shot Digital Back - Hasselblad

They seem to have wake up! One can now buy the 50ms & 200ms MFDBs as stand alone backs and combine them with a H-5X only if wants a complete camera...

This means that the user can now upgrade the camera (for another future H) and keep his back, or that he can use the back on a view or tech camera (and possibly an older H that can take film) without having to also purchase a new Hasselblad H camera at all... Lets hope that they'll offer the backs for other platforms soon... Remember that Phase One XF camera users don't have access to multishot technology at all since they don't allow compatibility with other backs than the IQ series.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hasselblad now sells 50ms & 200ms as stand alone backs.

I hope this means the system is opening itself back up. It was silly to lock everything down.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Good move - but long overdue !
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems that Hasselblad is gradually "openning" the system back, while Phase One is "closing" it... LOL

If in Hasselblad they realize that offering the backs for other cameras (via re-introducing user interchangeable mounts? - that would be nice ) can only add them customers and even attract them to replace their bodies with Hasselblad sometime in the future..., it could mean that the company will grow back.

Post Thanks / Like

Well as far as I understood my dealer there are only few people left with Hasselblad. So the easiest way to get some money for future R&D is to remove existing (mostly artificial) limitations and offer promotions on existing products.
    At the end, its better to sell 10 units a 10k than sell no unit at 100k just to pick some number.

I for myself welcome this move and wish Hasselblad all the best and a bright future. Really looking forward to upgrade
    my H3DII at some point so hopefully we'll see a H6D with USB3 and some other improvements (what about a focal plane
    shutter to begin with) at photokina '16. Good luck guys, your wooden camera grip experiment is forgiven by now ;-)

Just my 2 cents,
    Ralf
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope they are reading these threads as to get as much advice as they can directly from photographers on what photographer's needs are... They certainly ignored their own customers when they decided all this "closed system" policy, stopped the CF backs for other cameras and left the V users without a true WA offering... I hate to say that the photographers "saw it coming" but they never did although it is their own business... That's why I started the thread with "they seem to have wake up"! ...lets hope they'll continue to "wake up"...

I also wonder, do other MF makers "see it coming" when they decide to close their systems? ...I hope they'll also "wake up" soon , before it proves too late for them...
    Last edited by T.Dascalos; 29th October 2015 at 14:19. Reason: grammar
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post