The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hand/neck strap for Alpa FPS?

narikin

Anyone got a suggestion?

I've had my camera for 2 years now, and still not got a strap on it. One day it's going to slip from cold fingers!
Any answers welcomed - that top right loop-lug is really small... and limits choices a bit.

vjbelle

I've got more straps than camera cases and I don't trust any of them. As you said, that loop lug is small and that should be enough for caution. I carry STC attached to my tripod with legs in shortest position. It may seem a little clumsy but I have a lot more faith in my Cube or whatever head and tripod on my shoulder than any strap.

Victor

danlindberg

Sorry for poor mobile pic, but I use the void in the grip to fasten the original Alpa handstrap. I'm sure it isn't intended to be like this, but it feels safe and I cannot see that I can do any harm on anything.

JohnBrew

Another nod to the Camdapter strap. But I must confess it was recommended by Marc Williams who uses it with his Leica S.

Dan, can't believe you are using that Schneider 90TS!!? What a beast. I used one on a D800 for a very short while, but part of the problem may have been the Nikon as the lens back focused on that body.