Site Sponsors

Thread: Leaf Aptus-II 7 EXIF issue

Post Thanks / Like

Leaf Aptus-II 7 EXIF issue

New user of a MFDB here. The issue is when I use the back tethered to Capture One (8.3.4) the time and date make the journey to Capture One in the EXIF data. However when I use the back with a CF card the time and date appear not to be written to the image file. I've checked the files using a utility to check that it's not a Capture One issue, but apparently an issue with the back not writing the data to the file.

The back is being used on an Alpa STC.

The back is actually a Mamiya DM33 - a re-branded Leaf with the latest firmware.

Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Leaf Aptus-II 7 EXIF issue

Quote Originally Posted by Pelorus View Post
    New user of a MFDB here. The issue is when I use the back tethered to Capture One (8.3.4) the time and date make the journey to Capture One in the EXIF data. However when I use the back with a CF card the time and date appear not to be written to the image file. I've checked the files using a utility to check that it's not a Capture One issue, but apparently an issue with the back not writing the data to the file.

The back is being used on an Alpa STC.

The back is actually a Mamiya DM33 - a re-branded Leaf with the latest firmware.

Any ideas?

I have the same digital back that you have. I can see the EXIF data on the back, in Light Room, and in Capture One 8.2.

--Steve.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Steve, that's what I was seeing when I shot tethered. When I shot to CF card I wasn't getting that.

However I've found the solution. For reference: If you have any odd characters in the information entered into your back then it won't right EXIF data to the CF card properly. In my case I had in the copyright field. As soon as I deleted that the EXIF wrote to the card properly.

Post Thanks / Like

by the way, sometimes you will have trouble with the internal battery as well...

see "Aptus Internal battery"

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-f...t=battery+leaf