The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Understanding the SK 120

Pelorus

I'm trying to understand the different versions of the SK 120 in Alpa mount. I've seen the 120N and a 120M...and there are probably others.

Can somebody help with what the differences are and how the lens or particular variants perform please?

torger

I'm trying to understand the different versions of the SK 120 in Alpa mount. I've seen the 120N and a 120M...and there are probably others.

Can somebody help with what the differences are and how the lens or particular variants perform please?
I think it is like this:

120/5.6 N: 90mm image circle, optimized for normal distances.
120/5.6 M: macro lens, 110mm image circle at macro distances.

120/5.6 Aspheric: 150mm image circle (big!). Very slightly sharper than the older 120-N at normal focus distances, noticably sharper up close but still not sharp as a macro 120-M. Larger image circle is the main improvement over 120-N.

Paul2660

120mm F 5.6 Aspheric is a wonder lens. At distance to infinity a shifting dream, with the 150mm IC. You can also use it fairly close up, not anywhere as close as the Macro version. The Aspheric is a one of the lenses, that I guess Schneider will no longer be making, as they are getting out of the business, may have already, which is a loss.

Paul C