The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Opinions: How does THIS compare against XF & IQ 350?

T.Dascalos

Not Available
One is a Hasselblad.

One is a Phase XF and IQ350.

Buy it and let us know how it goes for you.
I might.... but I'd like to know how it compares directly first and then how it compares for value... That's what forums are for, isn't it?

Thanks for the info about the makers of each though... would have never noticed until you replied.... :clap:

jagsiva

They are the same with different names. Just like you on different forums.

In any case, it appears you already know the answer..., " this is exactly equal to a P1 XF camera + IQ 350 back",

Used digi back pricing?

Last edited:

jerome_m

What is wrong with the question? Isn't this a forum about MF cameras and aren't the two cameras MF?

What I see is that:
-the H and XF have the same resolution and sensor size. Posted samples on this forum showed little difference in color rendition
-the H has a very good line of lenses, all with a leaf shutter
-the XF line of lenses is larger but more heterogenous with two manufacturers
-the XF has a focal plane shutter, essential if one needs fast shutter speeds and also a faster flash sync
-as to lenses, there are some unique features from each brand. For example, H has a 24mm and the HTS, Phase has a real tilt and shift. Just one of these could be the tipping point for some.
-the XF camera is more modern
-the H can also use film backs (not very conveniently, you'll need a new viewfinder), I don't think the XF can do that (not sure here)

and, perhaps more important:
-the H uses firewire, the IQ USB3
-the IQ can use Capture One, the H uses either Phocus or Lightroom.

These are, more or less, the facts (I may have forgotten some).

Now, I suppose that you want us to discuss the price difference. I am not interested in discussing that. If you think the cheaper camera suits your needs, just buy it.

Paul2660

The only thing I would add is that Lightroom works with all Phase backs except the IQ150. I assume Adobe has added support for the 380,360 and 350.

Paul

jerome_m

What is wrong with the question is that it's just trolling.
Why would it be? This is a MF forum, the post is about a MF camera and I suppose that at least some users will be interested to know it is available for a reduced price (and, actually, that particular model appears to have been sold). That, at least, was good info for someone. Heck, I would have bought that camera myself if I had interest in a CMOS-based MF.

If something is wrong, it is the recent evolution of this forum. From my part, I am still going to do as if this was a place where MF users and prospective MF buyers are looking for info about these particular cameras and good deals.

T.Dascalos

Not Available
There was a further price drop last week in France for a new Hasselblad H5D-50c WiFi (no lens included) at 14.350 Euros (a little over than $15K - about half than P1's respective price).

Additionally, It seems that Hasselblad's pricing policy applies to all their Cmos censor products and their H5X camera body...

Why would it be?
Is it really not that obvious to you? The reduced price is not in question here, and I agree with you that some users will be interested to know.

But if you truly feel that the "something wrong" here is the recent evolution of the forum, how do you think that T. D asscalos' not so well disguised Phase bashing helps with that recent evolution? The XF/IQ350 was much more expensive before the price drop; doesn't it stand to reason that a price drop widens that disparity? He's better off fantasizing about the dream Sinar he's convinced that will meet the needs of so many photographers. At least that's positive. The subtle Phase bashing is getting old.

jerome_m

There was a further price drop last week in France for a new Hasselblad H5D-50c WiFi (no lens included) at 14.350 Euros (a little over than $15K - about half than P1's respective price).

Additionally, It seems that Hasselblad's pricing policy applies to all their Cmos censor products and their H5X camera body...
So did you buy one?

Because, just drooling about the price of H cameras or complaining about P1 prices is rather futile if you have no intention to ever buy one.

jerome_m

But if you truly feel that the "something wrong" here is the recent evolution of the forum, how do you think that T. Dascalos' not so well disguised Phase bashing helps with that recent evolution?
As long as the bashing is disguised, I can pretend not to see it and I will.

T.Dascalos

Not Available
So did you buy one?

Because, just drooling about the price of H cameras or complaining about P1 prices is rather futile if you have no intention to ever buy one.
Actually I am very seriously negotiating a huge deal of changing platform to H5X with 200MS back, but it will take some time as there is a huge amount of equipment involved both sides...

Alternatively, I can add a P-65+ (along to the two multishot ones I have) back to my current platforms and keep going with my trustful stuff... It will be one or the other, but thanks for the interest anyway... I'll let you know on my final decision via a PM...

kdphotography

Actually I am very seriously negotiating a huge deal of changing platform to H5X with 200MS back...
Well I'd guess that your original post comparing a H5D 50c and the XF with IQ350 is pretty disingenuous if you're now seriously negotiating a H5X with 200MS---- all in how many hours since the original post? :rolleyes:

Let us know how the 200MS goes for you. There aren't too many real users posting about it.

T.Dascalos

Not Available
Well I'd guess that your original post comparing a H5D 50c and the XF with IQ350 is pretty disingenuous if you're now seriously negotiating a H5X with 200MS---- all in how many hours since the original post? :rolleyes:

Let us know how the 200MS goes for you. There aren't too many real users posting about it.
Actually no... you guess wrong! The O/P is more related with the actual situation in the new & S/H market when considering the two options... (which -you've being a troll- cropped my comment by leaving deliberately one of the choices out).
Never the less, for one having the chance to own an H5X with a Cmos 200MS for near 25K is not a joke... especially if it is financed by trading some of the equipment he now owns... what surprised me most is with the other option I posted... where some are asking for an IQ-160 S/H back close to the price of a new H5D-50c Wi-Fi combination and for a P65+ a very good percentage of it...

I know this a forum full of P1 funboys where if one questions P1 pricing policy is considered a heresy and such conversations are obstructed by you and other trolls... but deliberately altering ones post only proves the situation... After all you don't have to participate in a conversation that is irrelevant to the O/P... it's not normal behavior to do so...

tjv

The same thread with the same person posting the same inane words over and over again, months on end, on multiple forums. Thanks for such a valuable contribution to the knowledge pool. Sigh.

stephengilbert

Ken,

I knew there was something abnormal about you but couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Thanks to the brilliant Theodoros, I finally see what it is. You're just a troll.

Steve