Site Sponsors

Thread: Opinions: How does THIS compare against XF & IQ 350?

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Opinions: How does THIS compare against XF & IQ 350?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opinions: How does THIS compare against XF & IQ 350?

One is a Hasselblad.

One is a Phase XF and IQ350.

Buy it and let us know how it goes for you.
    www.houseoflandscapes.com
    www.kendoophotography.com
    www.carmelfineartprinting.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kdphotography View Post
    One is a Hasselblad.

One is a Phase XF and IQ350.

Buy it and let us know how it goes for you.
    I might.... but I'd like to know how it compares directly first and then how it compares for value... That's what forums are for, isn't it?

Thanks for the info about the makers of each though... would have never noticed until you replied....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

They are the same with different names. Just like you on different forums.

In any case, it appears you already know the answer..., " this is exactly equal to a P1 XF camera + IQ 350 back",

Used digi back pricing?
    Last edited by jagsiva; 14th November 2015 at 19:37.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by T.Dascalos View Post

Amazon has it for about the same price. That's about $10,000 less than last year. It seems Hasselblad has started aggressive pricing. They recently lowered the price of the CFV-50c, too.

http://www.amazon.com/HASSELBLAD-H5D.../dp/B00LWAPTIK

Post Thanks / Like

What is wrong with the question? Isn't this a forum about MF cameras and aren't the two cameras MF?

What I see is that:
    -the H and XF have the same resolution and sensor size. Posted samples on this forum showed little difference in color rendition
    -the H has a very good line of lenses, all with a leaf shutter
    -the XF line of lenses is larger but more heterogenous with two manufacturers
    -the XF has a focal plane shutter, essential if one needs fast shutter speeds and also a faster flash sync
    -as to lenses, there are some unique features from each brand. For example, H has a 24mm and the HTS, Phase has a real tilt and shift. Just one of these could be the tipping point for some.
    -the XF camera is more modern
    -the H can also use film backs (not very conveniently, you'll need a new viewfinder), I don't think the XF can do that (not sure here)

and, perhaps more important:
    -the H uses firewire, the IQ USB3
    -the IQ can use Capture One, the H uses either Phocus or Lightroom.

These are, more or less, the facts (I may have forgotten some).

Now, I suppose that you want us to discuss the price difference. I am not interested in discussing that. If you think the cheaper camera suits your needs, just buy it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The only thing I would add is that Lightroom works with all Phase backs except the IQ150. I assume Adobe has added support for the 380,360 and 350.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

I'd take either over a still fictional Sinar that takes Leica S lenses and a CSMOSIS-based MFDB
    La gallina vecchia fa buon brodo
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

What is wrong with the question is that it's just trolling.
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stephengilbert View Post
    What is wrong with the question is that it's just trolling.
    Why would it be? This is a MF forum, the post is about a MF camera and I suppose that at least some users will be interested to know it is available for a reduced price (and, actually, that particular model appears to have been sold). That, at least, was good info for someone. Heck, I would have bought that camera myself if I had interest in a CMOS-based MF.

If something is wrong, it is the recent evolution of this forum. From my part, I am still going to do as if this was a place where MF users and prospective MF buyers are looking for info about these particular cameras and good deals.

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a further price drop last week in France for a new Hasselblad H5D-50c WiFi (no lens included) at 14.350 Euros (a little over than $15K - about half than P1's respective price).

Additionally, It seems that Hasselblad's pricing policy applies to all their Cmos censor products and their H5X camera body...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerome_m View Post
    Why would it be?
    Is it really not that obvious to you? The reduced price is not in question here, and I agree with you that some users will be interested to know.

But if you truly feel that the "something wrong" here is the recent evolution of the forum, how do you think that T. D asscalos' not so well disguised Phase bashing helps with that recent evolution? The XF/IQ350 was much more expensive before the price drop; doesn't it stand to reason that a price drop widens that disparity? He's better off fantasizing about the dream Sinar he's convinced that will meet the needs of so many photographers. At least that's positive. The subtle Phase bashing is getting old.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

There was a further price drop last week in France for a new Hasselblad H5D-50c WiFi (no lens included) at 14.350 Euros (a little over than $15K - about half than P1's respective price).

Additionally, It seems that Hasselblad's pricing policy applies to all their Cmos censor products and their H5X camera body...
    So did you buy one?

Because, just drooling about the price of H cameras or complaining about P1 prices is rather futile if you have no intention to ever buy one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiTerminator View Post
    But if you truly feel that the "something wrong" here is the recent evolution of the forum, how do you think that T. Dascalos' not so well disguised Phase bashing helps with that recent evolution?
    As long as the bashing is disguised, I can pretend not to see it and I will.

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerome_m View Post
    So did you buy one?

Because, just drooling about the price of H cameras or complaining about P1 prices is rather futile if you have no intention to ever buy one.
    Actually I am very seriously negotiating a huge deal of changing platform to H5X with 200MS back, but it will take some time as there is a huge amount of equipment involved both sides...

Alternatively, I can add a P-65+ (along to the two multishot ones I have) back to my current platforms and keep going with my trustful stuff... It will be one or the other, but thanks for the interest anyway... I'll let you know on my final decision via a PM...

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I am very seriously negotiating a huge deal of changing platform to H5X with 200MS back...
    Well I'd guess that your original post comparing a H5D 50c and the XF with IQ350 is pretty disingenuous if you're now seriously negotiating a H5X with 200MS---- all in how many hours since the original post?

Let us know how the 200MS goes for you. There aren't too many real users posting about it.

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kdphotography View Post
    Well I'd guess that your original post comparing a H5D 50c and the XF with IQ350 is pretty disingenuous if you're now seriously negotiating a H5X with 200MS---- all in how many hours since the original post?

Let us know how the 200MS goes for you. There aren't too many real users posting about it.
    Actually no... you guess wrong! The O/P is more related with the actual situation in the new & S/H market when considering the two options... (which -you've being a troll- cropped my comment by leaving deliberately one of the choices out).
    Never the less, for one having the chance to own an H5X with a Cmos 200MS for near 25K is not a joke... especially if it is financed by trading some of the equipment he now owns... what surprised me most is with the other option I posted... where some are asking for an IQ-160 S/H back close to the price of a new H5D-50c Wi-Fi combination and for a P65+ a very good percentage of it...

I know this a forum full of P1 funboys where if one questions P1 pricing policy is considered a heresy and such conversations are obstructed by you and other trolls... but deliberately altering ones post only proves the situation... After all you don't have to participate in a conversation that is irrelevant to the O/P... it's not normal behavior to do so...

Post Thanks / Like

Freddie? Is that you?

Post Thanks / Like

The same thread with the same person posting the same inane words over and over again, months on end, on multiple forums. Thanks for such a valuable contribution to the knowledge pool. Sigh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ken,

I knew there was something abnormal about you but couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Thanks to the brilliant Theodoros, I finally see what it is. You're just a troll.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Steve. I just knew that something was amiss in my life. Even as a certified gear slut, I never quite felt entirely fulfilled, even after buying a Sony. Now I know. I have a new calling in life---and this thread to thank. Who woulda thought?

Post Thanks / Like

Actually no... you guess wrong! The O/P is more related with the actual situation in the new & S/H market when considering the two options... (which -you've being a troll- cropped my comment by leaving deliberately one of the choices out).
    Never the less, for one having the chance to own an H5X with a Cmos 200MS for near 25K is not a joke... especially if it is financed by trading some of the equipment he now owns... what surprised me most is with the other option I posted... where some are asking for an IQ-160 S/H back close to the price of a new H5D-50c Wi-Fi combination and for a P65+ a very good percentage of it...

I know this a forum full of P1 funboys where if one questions P1 pricing policy is considered a heresy and such conversations are obstructed by you and other trolls... but deliberately altering ones post only proves the situation... After all you don't have to participate in a conversation that is irrelevant to the O/P... it's not normal behavior to do so...
    I assume that English is not your native language so I will do my best to try to give you the benefit of the doubt, however, it is pretty clear that you don't know what the meaning of "troll" is. Before you go casting a stone in your glass house, I suggest you take a good long look in the mirror first to get an idea of that which you are accusing others of being. You may not like what you see, but it is what it is. The fact that more than one person on two different forums sees what you are doing should indicate that your veiled comments aren't working. Perhaps your Sinar FANboyism is making you myopic? BTW, there are diopters for that, LOL.

You don't like Phase, you think they are overpriced, you have found a less expensive solution for your needs -- we get it, really, we do. Maybe you lost too much value on the resale of your back, or your life partner left you for a Phase shooter, or you can't afford one, or you're simply a Hater? At least that would explain your ineffective Phase bashing. BTW, if this is a forum of P1 FANboys, why are you here lurking under the bridge? Just sayin'

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I know this a forum full of P1 funboys...
    In fairness to all of us that have taken exception to this post (or more accurately, these type of posts that we are seeing more frequently), I'm sure you can dig up a post where we have bitched about P1. There are lots of things they can be better at, including price. But these posts are all in the context of getting fair use or value based on our expectations -- not simply to garner some group frenzy against P1.

I have my own set of issues with P1, or Canon, or Nikon, or Leica, or my wife...but it is not a religion or a cause for me to keep harping on the same nonsense. Objecting to what this post stands for should not make me a P1 fanboy. If anything, I'm a fanboy of GetDPI and keeping it free of the silliness seen far too often on other forums, where a post degrades into grade school banter within the first 3 or 4 responses.

Post Thanks / Like

Relax guys.
    Theodoros Dascalos is just a bit miffed that his trolling isn't getting the same traction here that it does at Lula.

We are genuinely sorry that a Phase One back ran over your puppy, Theo. We hope time will heal your wounds.
    My little corner on the internet.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks for keeping it rather civil.
    Trolling will not be tolerated.
    My ban button is ready at hand.
    thanks
    -bob
    www.getdpi.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I will piggyback on Bob's comment and add my compliments to the regular members of this forum for not only NOT rising to the bait, but also for polite and civil forum self-moderation. Thanks for your professionalism!
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."