The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Universalis

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The Universalis looks like a great system if you have Arca mounted lenses. Superb even. I looked at it but it is an even worse shape to pack than the Actus IMHO.

torger

Has anyone actually used this camera with a sliding back? Although I know that it fits and it should handle it, it is lighter built than the older MF-two, and it was released when CMOS was a fact, so I'd like to make sure that sliding back stability has not been compromised. Anyone who knows?

As the rise mechanics have two rails, one on each side of the monorail, it seems like it indeed should be as stable as the monolith/MF-two in this regard, but it would be nice to hear it from someone that has tested...

Frederic

My main concern would be the self-locking tightness for the rise/fall mechanism under such weight (an issue with some RMD bodies). Given the way it's built I don't think it would wobble, but an M-line is certainly more rigid.