Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Big" news from Phase One on Monday

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: "Big" news from Phase One on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by jagsiva View Post
    You don't want to be shooting in Zero latency, especially on a tech cam where it takes time between shots. The back will heat up quite fast leading to all kinds of other issues.
    Actually I've never really had a problem with zero latency with the IQ260 so long as you remembered to turn it off when not needed.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    Actually I've never really had a problem with zero latency with the IQ260 so long as you remembered to turn it off when not needed.
    Same as well. Hated that one shot cable. Actually it was more than hate it was a rip off. Lol
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I need to play with the "temp"gauge on my 260 to see if it makes much of a difference, zero L on or off.

In the summer, I had a trip where I forgot my Kapture group one shot cable and had to use zero latency. The 260 after a morning shoot was considerably warm to the touch, this was in 100% humidity and 95 degree temp. But if I remembered to turn the back off after each set, it seemed fine.

What I found caused the greatest heat build up was Live View, on the 260. With that one, I could sometimes feel the back get quite hot. Where as Live View on the CMOS never seemed to create any extra heat.

Paul C

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    I found it heating up quickly on the IQ180 and IQ260 Achromatic. The normal IQ260's long-exposure implementation could have addressed this.

The other issue I had was battery drain....it drains faster than the fuel tank in my boat!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post