The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Completed Sinar P2 MOD project for Sony a7 series

T.Dascalos

Not Available
I'm very exciting to test a7r2 with this camera and AF canon glass.
Let's think, perfect fast AF technical camera, WOW!

designing camera blog
designing camera blog
I think you should look elsewhere as to present your fabulous work Chiek... Thanks for posting, it's just that people here don't care for "real" photography where one finds his own way... it has to be mass market! :rolleyes:

Egor

Very cool, Chiek!
How does the camera communicate the aperture settings to the lens?
Are these off the shelf parts or did you have to machine some yourself?

In any case, I disagree with T. Dascalos and think many here will be interested in this.
Congratulations on what I am sure was a lot of work to make happen. Very cool! :)

e

T.Dascalos

Not Available
Very cool, Chiek!
How does the camera communicate the aperture settings to the lens?
Are these off the shelf parts or did you have to machine some yourself?

In any case, I disagree with T. Dascalos and think many here will be interested in this.
Congratulations on what I am sure was a lot of work to make happen. Very cool! :)

e
Don't disagree Egor... if I didn't respond to Chiek's great skills (he's done more in the past... all very impressive) and you didn't reply... this post would already be "buried"... Just look how many visitors the "big news" post have and how many visits this has... It makes you wonder about peoples (in forums) relation with photography...

Just look how this was "buried" http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-...56936-25mm-lens-contax-645-some-other-mf.html or how that is to be "killed" (read the last posts)... http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-and-digital-backs/56921-universalis.html

Egor

Don't disagree Egor... if I didn't respond to Chiek's great skills (he's done more in the past... all very impressive) and you didn't reply... this post would already be "buried"... Just look how many visitors the "big news" post have and how many visits this has... It makes you wonder about peoples (in forums) relation with photography...

Just look how this was "buried" http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-...56936-25mm-lens-contax-645-some-other-mf.html or how that is to be "killed" (read the last posts)... http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-and-digital-backs/56921-universalis.html
ummm...OK....does that mean "we agree NOT to disagree?"...or "we disagree about agreeing?"....I get confused ;)

Chiek, still interested in knowing about how your rig communicates to the Canon lens? Is it a modification to an existing part like a Metabones? Very cool :toocool:

T.Dascalos

Not Available
ummm...OK....does that mean "we agree NOT to disagree?"...or "we disagree about agreeing?"....I get confused ;)

Chiek, still interested in knowing about how your rig communicates to the Canon lens? Is it a modification to an existing part like a Metabones? Very cool :toocool:
I think we agree to... agree! :D

chkproductions

chiek - I have followed your RB67 variant camera on your site. I am so impressed with what you come up with and that you make these cameras work so well. You conquer infinity focus and coverage for shifting. This Sinar project, paired down in size, to make it a easily portable architecture and interior camera would be my dream.

Keep up the amazing work.

chk

chiek

I used cheap commlite Canon-Sony AF adapter. but It's very difficult.
Electronics are very sensitive. It's not allowed 0.1mm tolerance.
3ea commlite AF adapter gone to trash

chiek - I have followed your RB67 variant camera on your site. I am so impressed with what you come up with and that you make these cameras work so well. You conquer infinity focus and coverage for shifting. This Sinar project, paired down in size, to make it a easily portable architecture and interior camera would be my dream.

Keep up the amazing work.

chk
I think not RB67, You means GX680/a7 (I called 6807), Right?

Egor

Bravo! Very clever, Chiek. Impressive engineering skill :)
Good product photography too. You are very talented
Thank you for sharing this!

e