The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One v9 Top 10, Feature by Feature Analysis

aztwang

Josh Booth has authored a CI Top Ten Features of Capture One. It provides some context for each feature, and also shows some before and after examples, which is a dominant theme of Capture One 9.

https://captureintegration.com/top-10-features-of-capture-one-9/

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Great info Steve, read it early this morning. Some great features. I was ready to buy another license so my assistant could have a working copy and get his feet wet and learn this program and now I can do that at no additional charge, 9 allows 3 licenses!!!!.... and the EIP feature is the icing on the cake for us to share files....OH and Love the Masks from color editor feature!! Great article as always from the boys at CI!

Don

Last edited:

Steve Hendrix

Great info Steve, read it early this morning. Some great features. I was ready to buy another license so my assistant could have a working copy and get his feet wet and learn this program and now I can do that at no additional charge, 9 allows 3 licenses!!!!.... and the EIP feature is the icing on the cake for us to share files....OH and Love the Masks from color editor feature!! Great article as always from the boys at CI!

Don

Thanks Don. I've heard some comments that it seems a modest upgrade, and I suppose compared to 8, it could be seen that way, but it certainly does add some nice features and ties the C1 experience together in a way that C1 has not really offered before. Good to see them paying attention to that.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

Steve Hendrix

Per a members request, I am posting the contents of a blog post on our site regarding the wisdom of upgrading to Capture One 9 at this time. The link to our website also includes the technical read me notes, which I have excluded here, unless someone would like me to also post those read me notes, but they go on for a while. If you prefer, the formatted link, which inlcudes the read me notes, is below:

https://captureintegration.com/capture-one-pro-9-0-tested-approved/

Capture One Pro 9.0 Tested & Approved
Capture One Pro 9 introduces many new image quality precision tools, including a completely updated contrast engine. Capture One Pro 9 also brings powerful new asset management capabilities, including unprecedented sortable keywords capability. It has been designed to help speed the image-management process for volume keyword applications. Besides new physical workflow features, Capture One Pro 9 also gives customers three activations for each standard license to support on-location activation management, as requested by photographers.

After thoroughly testing this release of Capture One 9 and we have found it to be stable and recommend upgrading to use in production environments.
This release seems to also work better with OS X 10.11 El Capitan. If you are experiencing difficulties with camera connections after upgrading to El Capitan, we definitely recommend you check the usual suspects:

Make sure your camera or digital back’s firmware is up to date
Use a powered hub (for both USB and Firewire)
For DSLR users, make sure only your brand is checked under Capture One Preferences > Camera > Providers. For example, if you shoot Canon, uncheck Nikon and Sony and restart Capture One (Mamiya and Leaf are OK to leave checked).
If you need further clarification on any of the above, contact our technical support team for questions or additional information!

For more details about Capture One Pro 9 visit Introducing Capture One Pro 9 and Top 10 Features of Capture One 9, or visit our Download Archive to get it.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration