The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

XF focusing screen + iq250

strok

Hi guys, got my XF on Christmas eve, my dealer is off until Jan 4, (can't ask any questions).
The viewfinder is showing me a FF (I have an IQ250).
Is there any sort of focusing screen depending on crop factor?
Found no information in manuals.
Regards

aztwang

Hi guys, got my XF on Christmas eve, my dealer is off until Jan 4, (can't ask any questions).
The viewfinder is showing me a FF (I have an IQ250).
Is there any sort of focusing screen depending on crop factor?
Found no information in manuals.
Regards
Have the same set up. You can install the focus mask that is used on the DF/DF+ and it works fine. Have not put mine on yet but did verify with my dealer.

Don

Paul2660

On the DF+ there was an option to use a mask that has a black out frame so it blended in with the display in the camera. When viewed it was seamless. Capture Integration installed it in my DF+. It made using the crop sensor much eaiser and you don't see the portion of the frame that is outside the crop unlike how the normal masks work. (At least that how I understand it)

Paul C

strok

On the DF+ there was an option to use a mask that has a black out frame so it blended in with the display in the camera. When viewed it was seamless. Capture Integration installed it in my DF+. It made using the crop sensor much eaiser and you don't see the portion of the frame that is outside the crop unlike how the normal masks work. (At least that how I understand it)

Paul C
Yeah, I had the same one on my DF+

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
The XF masking options are the same as the DF+.

If your dealer is closed you're welcome to contact us. We'll be open for business until the afternoon of the 31st. Our Phase One Online Store lists them by sets of five (geared at rental houses and other volume facilities) and is limited to the US (our clients would normally receive them with any body purchase). But shoot us an email or call on Monday and we'll see if we can arrange to send a single mask via USPS or such. I'd hate to see you guessing at composition until Jan 4!