Site Sponsors
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Phase One IQ3 100mp. Shipping now. Full frame CMOS. HDMI.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Phase One IQ3 100mp. Shipping now. Full frame CMOS. HDMI.

I haven't used the latest C1. Anyone who knows if they have made any real improvements of lcc correction for the Sony 50MP since the IQ250 release? Maybe better at avoiding mazing and desaturation than before?

(Completely reversing crosstalk is a very difficult problem, but possibly you could hide some of its effects with some workarounds. The SK35 raws I saw for the IQ250 when it was new was pretty awful)

The extreme DR and low noise does give a better base than ever to make some pretty advanced signal processing tricks.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

what about the HDMI out for the other IQ-3 backs?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vjbelle View Post
    No blue skies today in this neck of the woods...... Even if there were some slight artifacts at 15mm I really do think that Phase has worked hard on casting issues and given the bleak forecast regarding LF lenses I think that this is all going to have to be handled on the software side. They've shown, to me, that they can with the 35XL...... I get the best of many worlds - low distortion, low casting, low weight. I compare this to the giant Rody 32mm and its tremendous out of pocket expense and I'm thankful I never succumbed to the urge to click the 'add to basket' button.

Victor
    I still remember when DT first released their test results of the IQ250, we observed mazing artifact there. I believe such artifact is still visible in current version of Capture One. If it weren't for this, then the 35XL is really really a no-brainer for me, as you said, virtually distortion free and flare free and most importantly - lightweighted.

Name:  39.JPG
Views: 1004
Size:  131.7 KB

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

"There is no IQ3-60."

Yes there is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by stephengilbert View Post
    "There is no IQ3-60."

Yes there is.
    Sorry, meant to say IQ3-40. There is a 60.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by voidshatter View Post
    I still remember when DT first released their test results of the IQ250, we observed mazing artifact there. I believe such artifact is still visible in current version of Capture One. If it weren't for this, then the 35XL is really really a no-brainer for me, as you said, virtually distortion free and flare free and most importantly - lightweighted.
    Yes...... as I've posted previously my 35mm went from a useless state to stellar after being serviced by Schneider. Another great but under reported lens is the Schneider 100mm. Sadly all the new ones are gone now - even at Linhof Studio. I'm glad I have mine..... lightweight, sharp, reasonably priced (at the time). Times are changing......

Victor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vjbelle View Post
    Yes...... as I've posted previously my 35mm went from a useless state to stellar after being serviced by Schneider. Another great but under reported lens is the Schneider 100mm. Sadly all the new ones are gone now - even at Linhof Studio. I'm glad I have mine..... lightweight, sharp, reasonably priced (at the time). Times are changing......

Victor
    If Paula could lend me a 35XL to be tested on the IQ3 100MP, chances are that I might end up selling my 40HR and get the 35XL instead... I'm also interested in the discontinued 28XL but I don't think Paula has that in stock any longer.

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jlm View Post
    what about the HDMI out for the other IQ-3 backs?
    Right now only the IQ3 100 has HDMI. Not sure about the roadmap for future revisions of the other backs but knowing Phase One and given that it's a hardware change I'm sure that they would be a new version.

The HDMI option, if it works as well as hoped, would be fabulous for live view & image review with an external 7in monitor.
    Last edited by GrahamWelland; 7th January 2016 at 13:23.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

agreed for us outdoor users who don't really need tethering only a bigger viewer. wonder if implementing the HDMI was as problematic (read: delayed release) as the USB3? wonder how the live view resolution will compare to an ipad on wifi or a laptop on C1 connected by USB3?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

agreed for us outdoor users who don't really need tethering only a bigger viewer. wonder if implementing the HDMI was as problematic (read: delayed release) as the USB3? wonder how the live view resolution will compare to an ipad on wifi or a laptop on C1 connected by USB3?
    HDMI has been working on the iXU150 (50MP CMOS) since its launch and is also available on the iXU1000 and the CMOS based iXU-R cameras

On the IQ3 100MP it looks like https://vimeo.com/151057225

BR

Yair
    Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One | Mamiya Leaf
    e: [email protected] | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 | yaya's blog
    Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by yaya View Post
    Darn it, I wish I hadn't seen that ...

Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Me too, Graham. Looks like another piece of hardware to acquire. The HD monitor is lighter and smaller than the Surface Pro thereby making for easier hiking/walking about when warranted.

I'll be interested in knowing if you purchase a small monitor (which one, please) and how you like it for detailed focusing. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

How long will it be before the IQ3-100 is Phase One's entry level back? You know its coming.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

need to get one of the Spitfire's in godfrey's SL posts and take some aerial shots...

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post
    How long will it be before the IQ3-100 is Phase One's entry level back? You know its coming.
    I would consider the P45+ to have only turned into one of our "entry level backs" as of last year. It was released in 2007 and was a minor update to the P45 (non plus) released in 2005.

So I'd say it will be the flagship or near-flagship for 2-3 years and a "not entry level" back for 7-10 years.

But it's all subjective.
    Doug Peterson , Digital Transitions | Email
    Dealer for: Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Eizo, Profoto
    Office: 877.367.8537. Cell: 740.707.2183

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    Darn it, I wish I hadn't seen that ...
    There are so many great 7" field monitors like the SmallHD series or the Atoms Shogun 4k monitor which will allow you to record from the HDMI feed.

This is going to be fun. Now I can learn all of Graham's secret photo techniques. Plus no BTS video crews to feed.

https://vimeo.com/151057225
    Jeffery Salter
    www.jefferysalter.com
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jagsiva View Post
    The other IQ3 backs were released a few months ago:

IQ3-50 same sensor as IQ250 CMOS
    IQ3-80 same sensor as IQ280 CCD (but now has long exposure similar to IQ260)
    There is no IQ3-60 (correction - there is a 60, no IQ3-40).

The new back is the IQ3-100MP. So really an extension to the line. So IQ3 has 50/100MP CMOS backs and 80MP CCD back.

Hope this helps.
    I was under the impression that the IQ3 80 was a brand new sensor, and not the same as that in the IQ280?

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes, I believe the 380 has a new designed 80MP sensor as it is rated to 1 hour exposures. Similar to how the 260 is 1 hour and 160 is not.

The long exposure or LP mode on the 380 starts at ISO 200. The 260 starts at ISO140.

I am sure one of the dealers can give all the details, but those are the two main things I noticed at announce. I assumed it was same as the IQ260, which I have told has a different 60MP sensor than the IQ160.

There was a white paper written about the 260, way back in 2012 or so, which might show up on a search.

Paul C

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by gerald.d View Post
    I was under the impression that the IQ3 80 was a brand new sensor, and not the same as that in the IQ280?

Kind regards,

Gerald.
    Sorry Gerald, I seem to be talking through my *** today. I meant to say 80MP CCD, not necessarily same as IQ180. As Paul says, it's likely a new sensor based on the IQ260 with LE capability. When I looked at an IQ180-->380 upgrade some months ago, I also recall some comments made that it was an improvement on the LE capability of the 260.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yaya View Post
    HDMI has been working on the iXU150 (50MP CMOS) since its launch and is also available on the iXU1000 and the CMOS based iXU-R cameras

BR

Yair
    Looks great! What battery powered HDMI field monitor does Phase One or Leaf recommend? Also, how do you switch between "fill screen" and 100% zoom?

best,

geb

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

yeow! those are $2000 monitors, for live view, not an output device!

gotta see if i can hook one up to my sony ar7II

Post Thanks / Like

yeow! those are $2000 monitors, for live view, not an output device!

gotta see if i can hook one up to my sony ar7II
    I have an AC7 OLED (Small HD, HDMI inputs and Cannon Battery Adapter (uses Canon LP-E6's)) and it was well under $1k. It is not full HD but works very will with my Canons.

I would go with one of the smaller ones like THIS one.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by gebseng View Post
    Looks great! What battery powered HDMI field monitor does Phase One or Leaf recommend? Also, how do you switch between "fill screen" and 100% zoom?

best,

geb
    There is an option in the menu shown on the IQ3 LCD:
    - 4:3 (full frame, but doesn't fill the HDMI monitor
    - 16:9 (fills the HDMI monitor but crops a part of the top and bottom of the frame)
    - 100% crop (jumps to 100% feed)

Also allows manual control of the exposure so it doesn't auto adjust!
    Doug Peterson , Digital Transitions | Email
    Dealer for: Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Eizo, Profoto
    Office: 877.367.8537. Cell: 740.707.2183

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_R View Post
    I have an AC7 OLED (Small HD, HDMI inputs and Cannon Battery Adapter (uses Canon LP-E6's)) and it was well under $1k. It is not full HD but works very will with my Canons.

I would go with one of the smaller ones like THIS one.
    Thanks Ken. Those compact monitors look great. Flat enough to easily slip into your camera bag. The price is right too.
    Jeffery Salter
    www.jefferysalter.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougpeterson View Post
    I would consider the P45+ to have only turned into one of our "entry level backs" as of last year. It was released in 2007 and was a minor update to the P45 (non plus) released in 2005.

So I'd say it will be the flagship or near-flagship for 2-3 years and a "not entry level" back for 7-10 years.

But it's all subjective.
    I strongly doubt about that. Note that since 2008 Sony has made some leap in sensor development and as of 2016 today the speed is really fast. They refresh their mirrorless cameras almost every year.

Currently the residual value of the 80MP, 60MP and 50MP would be protected by the price of the 100MP (for a short while). However I have been told by several sources that the exclusivity of this 100MP sensor for Phase One will not last long. It is highly likely that Pentax will acquire this 100MP sensor within several months. When that happens, then anything below 100MP becomes "entry level" (I hate that wording) thanks to Pentax!

I was told that actually Sony wouldn't bother to develop such a 100MP sensor at all as well as the 50MP if it weren't for Pentax ordering a decent amount. That means Pentax will inevitably acquire it.

I miss the years where Phase One had exclusive access to the 80MP sensor. Even the 60MP sensor wasn't too bad as Hasselblad did not crush the pricing. Now it's a completely different game and even Phase One had to cancel their investment protection plan.

Post Thanks / Like

Currently the residual value of the 80MP, 60MP and 50MP would be protected by the price of the 100MP (for a short while).
    I enjoy your opinions on the abilities of digital back technology and you seem to have access to a wide range of digital backs which is notable. However most photographers who been shooting for awhile realize that all photography gear has limitations, hence there is no golden grail. But great images are made nonetheless. What confuses me is when you start pontificating about the business side of photography equipment sales. I don't go to my cousin Larry for advise about the stock market, that's what qualified analysts do on Wall street. Now in addition to your respectful knowledge of the imaging capabilities of recent modern digital cameras sensors, you feel the need to share your deep a well of intellect in the forecasting of prices digital photography equipment. Do you have access to the 5 year, 10 year, 20 marketing plans of Hassy, Phase, Pentax, and etc?

Isn’t it enough to share your infield camera reports? Why wade in waters that don't you have the data to give a qualified projection. Is your degree at Oxford in Science or Business?

I was told that actually Sony wouldn't bother to develop such a 100MP sensor at all as well as the 50MP if it weren't for Pentax ordering a decent amount. That means Pentax will inevitably acquire it.
    Glad you were told. Do you think anyone would base a major buying decision based upon those four words …GLAD YOU WERE TOLD. How about some juicy facts, like how many sensors Sony will be selling to the Military for drone cameras or other scientific usage?

It's a matter of time before all the interested camera companies will have bigger sensors. The sensor is only one component of what makes a successful camera. How about glass. How build quality? Recently I was with a landscape photographer who dropped his Leaf back in the rain and it landed on the concrete while he was preparing the tech cam for a shoot. He picked it up, blow off the sensor glass and re-attached it to the tech camera, no problem, we had great shoot and his files looked fine. How about tech support. For instance it's important to me that production or rental houses have the gear that I use. In the Miami market there are at least ten studios which rent digital backs and none rent the Pentax. I understand my viewpoint is only from one perspective. Others without a doubt will be able and are able to function within that limitation.

Thank you for taking your time and effort in shooting the digital back shifting tests and for providing the forum with your perspective on the IQ3-100 back.
    Last edited by Jeffery Salter; 8th January 2016 at 07:58. Reason: I removed "You are one confusing individual" Voidshatter felt it was a personal attack.
    Jeffery Salter
    www.jefferysalter.com
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffery Salter View Post
    You are one confusing individual. Do you have access to the 5 year, 10 year, 20 marketing plans of Hassy, Phase, Pentax, and etc?
    Mr Anders Torger first provided his view on this, which I agree. He posted in this thread first:

Quote Originally Posted by torger View Post
    In the short term the higher end CCDs are protected by the ultra-high price of this new CMOS, but I'm sure there will be more reasonably priced products within a year or so.
    You could disagree No need for personal attacks...

Post Thanks / Like

Mr Anders Torger first provided his view on this, which I agree. He posted in this thread first:

You could disagree No need for personal attacks...

Thanks for attaching other posters opinions from the forum about the business side of photography sales. Its a bit of a let down since you do so well with providing your own research and data in regards to digital photography technology.

I don't disagree or agree with you. You are entitled to your opinions. I am so very sorry you felt personally attacked. You must have missed this part of my post.

"Thank you for taking your time and effort......."

It was not my intentions to ruin your day.
    Jeffery Salter
    www.jefferysalter.com

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering, with the latest generation phones moving to USB-C connectors, and HDMI to USB-C adapters being readily available (Amazon, under $20) could one use the hi definition of the latest iPhone or Android flagship as a tethered viewfinder, for the new CMOS backs?

Appreciate you can do this wireless, but that can be troublesome from what I hear, whereas the wired connection would be bullet proof and likely a much higher quality feed. The screens on these devices have amazing resolution, are touch sensitive and nearly all of us own one already.

Post Thanks / Like

I miss the years where Phase One had exclusive access to the 80MP sensor. ....
    Did I miss a press release? Who else besides Phase-Leaf offers a 80MP digital back or camera?

Regardless, each camera manufacturer seems to put their own spin on the implementation of a sensor, despite being from the same sensor manufacturer. e.g., sensor+, true focus, colors, removeable back vs. camera, etc.

ken

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by narikin View Post
    I was wondering, with the latest generation phones moving to USB-C connectors, and HDMI to USB-C adapters being readily available (Amazon, under $20) could one use the hi definition of the latest iPhone or Android flagship as a tethered viewfinder, for the new CMOS backs?

Appreciate you can do this wireless, but that can be troublesome from what I hear, whereas the wired connection would be bullet proof and likely a much higher quality feed. The screens on these devices have amazing resolution, are touch sensitive and nearly all of us own one already.
    Yeah, I was wondering that too. Are there any phones or tablets that can display a HD stream directly input from their micro-USB or lightning ports?

If it is indeed technically possible, the only catch as I see it is that the battery life in a phone/tablet running the display continuously will be far short of a screen powered by 2 Canon LP-E6 batteries. You could run the phone/tablet constantly off the AC charger, but that's no good outside the studio.

Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ondebanks View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering that too. Are there any phones or tablets that can display a HD stream directly input from their micro-USB or lightning ports?

If it is indeed technically possible, the only catch as I see it is that the battery life in a phone/tablet running the display continuously will be far short of a screen powered by 2 Canon LP-E6 batteries. You could run the phone/tablet constantly off the AC charger, but that's no good outside the studio.

Ray
    I recall reading somewhere that the Surface Pro could be used as a digitizer and screen via Displayport. I think there are HDMI/DP adapters, so could be possible. I'm sure one of the Surface Pro gurus can help us confirm.

Post Thanks / Like

Ken,

Did I miss a press release? Who else besides Phase-Leaf offers a 80MP digital back or camera?
    I think that was voidshatter's point. Substitute "I miss the years where Phase One had exclusive access to sensors".

Compare to the 50MP CMOS chip and, perhaps, the 100MP CMOS chip in due course...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ondebanks View Post

Ray
    Here's one all ready for HDMI with an eye viewfinder (sidefinder) option:

http://store.smallhd.com/store/501-sidefinders

Just about all you need in 1 package.

That said, my larger size Android 6N phone last 2 days on battery power, has USB-C and a 2K display 5.7" OLED screen. I'd love to use that instead. Hopefully Phase can work this into Capture Pilot App?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jagsiva View Post
    I recall reading somewhere that the Surface Pro could be used as a digitizer and screen via Displayport. I think there are HDMI/DP adapters, so could be possible. I'm sure one of the Surface Pro gurus can help us confirm.
    Looked further into it. It an be used as a monitor on a windows PC, but can't find anything on using as a simple HDMI monitor. Guess you can still run full C1P and use it via USB.

Post Thanks / Like

I like this. Although I really like the idea of the fancier and larger displays units and ability to record, the reality is that it would be overkill for me. This sidefinder option looks like it would resolve the outdoor sun glare issue on a screen...

Post Thanks / Like

That said, my larger size Android 6N phone last 2 days on battery power, has USB-C and a 2K display 5.7" OLED screen. I'd love to use that instead. Hopefully Phase can work this into Capture Pilot App?
    What a pain just more crap to carry with little real value (for me anyway)

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing wrong with having options.

Sometimes I travel light (usually), and other times I bring out all the crap and travel with it.

If Don isn't looking, I stick that extra crap in his backpack and he carries it for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kdphotography View Post
    Nothing wrong with having options.

Sometimes I travel light (usually), and other times I bring out all the crap and travel with it.

If Don isn't looking, I stick that extra crap in his backpack and he carries it for me.

This may work either wirelessly or with 500 ft of Hdmi cable.

Last edited by Jeffery Salter; 8th January 2016 at 12:11.
    Jeffery Salter
    www.jefferysalter.com
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Depends what you are shooting with and what style. Obviously what some may think "crap" (thanks for your eloquence) others may deem a ground breaking necessity.

An EVF showing 100Mp MF direct live view (sensor output) for dead on focusing is great for anyone walking about with a lightweight tech camera (Alpa , Arca, Cambo) without a tripod, and they might find this a great solution. You are carrying your phone anyhoo, so how heavy can it be?

Also this turns an Alpa FPS into a 100Mp mirrorless with incredible lens options (Canon, Hassy, Rollei, Contax, Rodenstock, Schneider) focusing at 100% with direct sensor focusing EVF. Definitely not a 'crap' option to my mind!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

In the Miami market there are at least ten studios which rent digital backs and none rent the Pentax. I understand my viewpoint is only from one perspective. Others without a doubt will be able and are able to function within that limitation.
    I live a few hours from Miami and would rent you one of my 645Z. However, they are not digital backs, but complete camera bodies. You just need some lenses.

Post Thanks / Like

This may work either wirelessly or with 500 ft of Hdmi cable.

That won't fit in Don's backpack.

Hey---is that Don with hair? Ok, so it's Moses, but obviously Don isn't around to defend himself....

Post Thanks / Like

Depends what you are shooting with and what style. Obviously what some may think "crap" (thanks for your eloquence) others may deem a ground breaking necessity.

An EVF showing 100Mp MF direct live view (sensor output) for dead on focusing is great for anyone walking about with a lightweight tech camera (Alpa , Arca, Cambo) without a tripod, and they might find this a great solution. You are carrying your phone anyhoo, so how heavy can it be?

Also this turns an Alpa FPS into a 100Mp mirrorless with incredible lens options (Canon, Hassy, Rollei, Contax, Rodenstock, Schneider) focusing at 100% with direct sensor focusing EVF. Definitely not a 'crap' option to my mind!
    ]]

Knock yourself out. There is no limit to what you can spend on gear but can you carry it all? Will it make you a better photographer? As far as I am concerned it is indeed crap I have no use for. Double that for the FPS

Post Thanks / Like

]]

Knock yourself out. There is no limit to what you can spend on gear but can you carry it all? Will it make you a better photographer? As far as I am concerned it is indeed crap I have no use for. Double that for the FPS
    An FPS + IQ180 is about all I walk about with/shoot at the moment. So for me it's a huge bonus to get Live View EVF focusing for the weight of an iPhone.

How about this - you use what you like, and I use what I like, and we don't call each others' gear 'crap'?
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

i do reserve the right to call some of my own gear "crap", however
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I stopped by the local camera store where they have a fairly extensive pro department and video department. I asked about the 5" SmallHD monitor. These guys tell you when not to buy something. Perhaps hard to believe but it is true. However, they were all raves about the SmallHD monitors saying the video guys swear by these things. I asked about using one for focusing my technical camera and the response was positive. So, I bought one. It will fit into Don's backpack along with Ken's. Don won't know he is carrying the monitors for us. And, the 5" monitor is far more easy to lug around than a Surface Pro.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Regarding the Sony upgrades the wait for the A7rII was almost two years, also the second generation of A7 (A7II, A7sII, A7rII) was essentially a feature upgrade. A7rII got a new sensor, with EFCS, on chip phase detection AF and a new designed sensor. The other upgrades were better construction, less confusing menu system, improved AF, etc. I still think sensor development is like three year cycle.

Much development is coming from small sensors, of course.

Best regards
    Erik

I strongly doubt about that. Note that since 2008 Sony has made some leap in sensor development and as of 2016 today the speed is really fast. They refresh their mirrorless cameras almost every year.

Currently the residual value of the 80MP, 60MP and 50MP would be protected by the price of the 100MP (for a short while). However I have been told by several sources that the exclusivity of this 100MP sensor for Phase One will not last long. It is highly likely that Pentax will acquire this 100MP sensor within several months. When that happens, then anything below 100MP becomes "entry level" (I hate that wording) thanks to Pentax!

I miss the years where Phase One had exclusive access to the 80MP sensor. Even the 60MP sensor wasn't too bad as Hasselblad did not crush the pricing. Now it's a completely different game and even Phase One had to cancel their investment protection plan.

Post Thanks / Like

That would pretty amazing and maybe do-able.

Victor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I stopped by the local camera store where they have a fairly extensive pro department and video department. I asked about the 5" SmallHD monitor. These guys tell you when not to buy something. Perhaps hard to believe but it is true. However, they were all raves about the SmallHD monitors saying the video guys swear by these things. I asked about using one for focusing my technical camera and the response was positive. So, I bought one. It will fit into Don's backpack along with Ken's. Don won't know he is carrying the monitors for us. And, the 5" monitor is far more easy to lug around than a Surface Pro.
    You surprised me, Jeffrey. I though for sure it would be Graham buying the SmallHD monitor first!

Did you get the SideFinder option? I think that this is going to be the only way to really avoid the "sun-glare" issue out on location.

Please bring it to CI in Carmel next month!

Ken

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by kdphotography View Post
    You surprised me, Jeffrey. I though for sure it would be Graham buying the SmallHD monitor first!

Did you get the SideFinder option? I think that this is going to be the only way to really avoid the "sun-glare" issue out on location.

Please bring it to CI in Carmel next month!

Ken
    Hmmm ... although in the absence of a MFDB that I could plug it in to it is somewhat moot. It would be cool with my A7RII though I guess

I agree about the need for the side finder, depending upon how much glare there is from the screen. That's why I eventually gave up using my iPhone viewfinder on the Alpa. Most of the time it was fine but under certain circumstances, like at sun rise, all I could see was the reflection of my own eyeball.

Looks like Jeffrey is going for first dibs on the loaner IQ3 100 at CI Carmel? Or perhaps the order is already in?