The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One IQ3 100mp HDMI Out Explained (videos)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
The Phase One IQ3 100mp features an HDMI port that can be used with big TVs or Projectors all the way down to a small battery-powered field camera. How is the speed, refresh rate, and quality of that feed? It's easier to show than tell, so...

At the blog article below we have more details, and another video stepping you through the options the feature provides.
Phase One IQ3 100mp HDMI Videos

narikin

Bit of lightweight fun, thanks Doug.

Is there any way to get a Sony EVF to work on HDMI? I'm thinking for example of the Sony FDA-EV1MK - which was made for RX1R - via an adapter of sorts? Be great to have that finder option on a Cambo/Arca/Alpa.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Bit of lightweight fun, thanks Doug.

Is there any way to get a Sony EVF to work on HDMI? I'm thinking for example of the Sony FDA-EV1MK - which was made for RX1R - via an adapter of sorts? Be great to have that finder option on a Cambo/Arca/Alpa.
I don't know of anyway to make the EVF on it's own work with HDMI but certainly you can use the HDMI out from the RX1R and A7rII etc.

The HDMI from the IQ3 100 was awesome btw. I had a chance to see it today with Doug and Lau from Phase One at DT's event. A decent HDMI monitor with focus peaking worked great too, plus also the exposure mapping functions of the Atmos and I would expect the SmallHD too.

That said, I was actually shocked at how well Capture Pilot worked on Wifi too. I'd abandoned Wifi support with my IQ260 when I went to the IQ150. Upgrading the IQ150 to a wifi version might be the way to go if you want the LV remote capabilities as it was practically as fast as the HDMI.