Site Sponsors

Thread: Phase One IQ3 100mp HDMI Out Explained (videos)

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Phase One IQ3 100mp HDMI Out Explained (videos)

The Phase One IQ3 100mp features an HDMI port that can be used with big TVs or Projectors all the way down to a small battery-powered field camera. How is the speed, refresh rate, and quality of that feed? It's easier to show than tell, so...

At the blog article below we have more details, and another video stepping you through the options the feature provides.
    Phase One IQ3 100mp HDMI Videos
    Doug Peterson , Digital Transitions | Email
    Dealer for: Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Eizo, Profoto
    Office: 877.367.8537. Cell: 740.707.2183
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Phase One IQ3 100mp HDMI Out Explained (videos)

Bit of lightweight fun, thanks Doug.

Is there any way to get a Sony EVF to work on HDMI? I'm thinking for example of the Sony FDA-EV1MK - which was made for RX1R - via an adapter of sorts? Be great to have that finder option on a Cambo/Arca/Alpa.

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Phase One IQ3 100mp HDMI Out Explained (videos)

Quote Originally Posted by narikin View Post
    Bit of lightweight fun, thanks Doug.

Is there any way to get a Sony EVF to work on HDMI? I'm thinking for example of the Sony FDA-EV1MK - which was made for RX1R - via an adapter of sorts? Be great to have that finder option on a Cambo/Arca/Alpa.
    I don't know of anyway to make the EVF on it's own work with HDMI but certainly you can use the HDMI out from the RX1R and A7rII etc.

The HDMI from the IQ3 100 was awesome btw. I had a chance to see it today with Doug and Lau from Phase One at DT's event. A decent HDMI monitor with focus peaking worked great too, plus also the exposure mapping functions of the Atmos and I would expect the SmallHD too.

That said, I was actually shocked at how well Capture Pilot worked on Wifi too. I'd abandoned Wifi support with my IQ260 when I went to the IQ150. Upgrading the IQ150 to a wifi version might be the way to go if you want the LV remote capabilities as it was practically as fast as the HDMI.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post