Site Sponsors

Thread: Phase one 645 AF shutter replacement - UK

Post Thanks / Like

Phase one 645 AF shutter replacement - UK

Hi guys.
    I was just wondering if the Phase one 645 AF has dealer replaceable shutters like of the DF? If so does anyone know roughly what the cost is?

If not, who does the repairs/ replacement in the uk? Or does it need to go back to Phase one themselves? If so, again does anyone have a rough cost to this and the turn around time on it.

TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Phase one 645 AF shutter replacement - UK

Hi Carl, you can contact any of our UK partners to get an estimate for turnaround time and cost: https://www.phaseone.com/en/about-us...r-locator.aspx

BR
    Yair
    Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One | Mamiya Leaf
    e: [email protected] | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 | yaya's blog
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Yair, i shall give a couple of the dealers a call tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Likely about $700 at least thats what I paid to get my POS DF shutter replaced.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post
    Likely about $700 at least thats what I paid to get my POS DF shutter replaced.
    I have just done a conversion from USD to GBP and yours was cheap compared to what i was quoted.

The quotes i got today were 495 / 520 both are plus 20% VAT. Then i would also need to take into account shipping both ways to either of the dealers. So could be around 700.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by carl-b View Post
    I have just done a conversion from USD to GBP and yours was cheap compared to what i was quoted.

The quotes i got today were 495 / 520 both are plus 20% VAT. Then i would also need to take into account shipping both ways to either of the dealers. So could be around 700.
    For that price, you might look to replace the entire body, via ebay, here is an example not sure where the listing is located.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...45+af&_sacat=0

You might look for updated body, DF or DF+, albeit they will be more than the quote to repair your AF. If my memory serves me correctly, the AFD would still take the film back, (last body that would), so you could still use it in your current setup or with a digital back.

Paul C
    Paul Caldwell
    [email protected]
    www.photosofarkansas.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by carl-b View Post

Hmmm - one wonders what a new XF would be, rather than repairing a clunker. The XF is a dramatically superior camera...
    Bill CB

www.billcaulfeild-browne.ca
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul2660 View Post
    For that price, you might look to replace the entire body, via ebay, here is an example not sure where the listing is located.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...45+af&_sacat=0

You might look for updated body, DF or DF+, albeit they will be more than the quote to repair your AF. If my memory serves me correctly, the AFD would still take the film back, (last body that would), so you could still use it in your current setup or with a digital back.

Paul C
    Hi Paul for now the DF series is out due to be digital only. The reason for asking about the shutter replacement is the fact there is a Phase one 645AF listed as spares / repairs needing a new shutter on ebay. So far only a couple of low bids. It was started at 99p and no reserve. But the cost for me is a no brainer when there are some uk dealers with some P1 AF bodies, with warranty for 950. Which will be the route i go, that is if they have any left once i've saved up enough in a few weeks time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Caulfeild-Browne View Post
    Hmmm - one wonders what a new XF would be, rather than repairing a clunker. The XF is a dramatically superior camera...
    Hi Bill
    Ahhh the XF and WLF Wayyyyyyy out of my budget yet. Maybe in a few years when the XF 2 is out LOL. Also there would be no point in having the XF now, even if i had the money. As it would be sitting around on a shelf for at least 2yrs before i could afford an IQ to go with it. I currently use my Mamiya 645 afd ii with film, and i am hoping to get a P series back sometime this year, which would again rule out the XF as they don't support the P backs.

So i am limited to cameras Pre DF for now.
    Carl
    http://500px.com/Carlb
    http://www.redbubble.com/mybubble/art
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post