The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Problem with hot pixels H3D31 and "new" phocus

Swissblad

Hi gents

I have an H3D31 which I use with an old 17" MBP and Phocus V2.7.4. This combo worked well until I started importing images onto my iMac 5K retina with current version of Phocus V2.9.1, where I suddenly noticed that my long exposures (30secs or more) were ruined by hot pixels....

It seems my only alternative at the moment is to save the dng files as tiffs on my old MBP in Phocus V2.7.4. and then import this into CS6 on my iMac....

As my MBP is on its last legs, I really need a new solution...... can any of you provide any help?

Thanks

S :shocked:

Last edited:

jerome_m

Have you tried directly importing the *.3fr pictures on the new Phocus? I would think that the problem comes from using 2 different versions of Phocus with the new one not quite understanding the *.fff files created by the old one.

Also: check that you have noise reduction turned on in Phocus.

Swissblad

Thanks - I resolved it - you need to use a current FW version with current Phocus version...... I had forgotten to update body and back when switching to the new Phocus version.....:facesmack: