The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

sliding 6x9 graflok back for mamiya

faneuil

Kapture group is pretty much out of business..

I am looking for 6x9 graflok back with mamiya adapter.
Found some ebay knock off from China under the title "movable back" -- has anyone had experience with theses?

Also (newbie question) - would I be right or wrong to assume 6x9 graflok is standard?
IE a sliding adapter listed as "for Linhof 6x9" will fit on my Toyo 6x9 graflok type back?

thanks all
eric

JeRuFo

Kapture group is pretty much out of business..

I am looking for 6x9 graflok back with mamiya adapter.
Found some ebay knock off from China under the title "movable back" -- has anyone had experience with theses?

Also (newbie question) - would I be right or wrong to assume 6x9 graflok is standard?
IE a sliding adapter listed as "for Linhof 6x9" will fit on my Toyo 6x9 graflok type back?

thanks all
eric
This how I understand things:
There are many styles of graflok backs, although they all accept graflok style adapters, they can sometimes have proprietary additional ways of attaching accesories like sliding backs. Not all accesories from all manufacturers fit all graflok backs. If it says it fits a graflok back however, you should be fine with whatever style you have.
Plus, are you sure which 'Linhof 6x9' they are talking about? Some refer to the cameras that way and some to the Linhof 6x9 rollfilm back, which might be the only ones that fit the sliding back.

I'm no expert at this by any means. I would ask someone that makes adapters about your specific problem, like Jo Lommen or SK Grimes. You could also try the Large Format Photography forum, plenty of helpful and knowledgeable tinkerers there that know LF backs very well.

Good luck,
Jewan

Oren Grad

Linhof 6x9cm cameras/backs/rollholders are not Graflok-type. For that size, Linhof uses a proprietary rollholder mount that's different from everyone else's.