The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Phocus 2.9.2 El Capitan?

jmosier01

Hi I guys,

I upgraded to El Capitan when it was released and had a lot of problems. Reinstalled Yosemite a day later. Is anyone running Phocus on El Capitan now with 2.9.2?

Thanks!
Jeff

Photon42

I am only a very light user of Phocus v 2.9.2 along with El C v10.11.3 (I acquired a used back recently). Only importing and processing of files. Nothing remote. I have not seen any problems so far, but prefer Lightroom in most cases to import and process images, so take my statement with a grain of salt.

jlm

Workshop Member
i'm running mac OS 10.11.3 and Phocus 2.9.2 on a mac pro and a mac laptop with no problems. msotly image processing, but tethering does work

jm

bdp

Yes, I'm on El Cap 10.11.3 and Phocus 2.9.2 with no problems at all. What problems are you seeing?

Ben

modator

Hi, Jeff !

Actually I'm using OSX "El Capitan" 10.11.3 on a mac Pro (intel I7) and Phocus 2.9.2 without any particular issues, anyway there are some old problem to solve I'm waiting:

1) With H5D-50c the "Camera Configuration" function doesn't contemplate the new Live View function button (this function is still configurable trough camera menu only).
2) Some Issues using Live view tethered to the mac, some time the connection close and it's necessary to restart Phocus again.

Jeff if You had some problem can You explain here, I will cross check them, I'm preparing a report for Hasselblad to point at software problems, they are very clever and focused on solving issue of the software signaled.

Best regards, Domenico.

Hi I guys,

I upgraded to El Capitan when it was released and had a lot of problems. Reinstalled Yosemite a day later. Is anyone running Phocus on El Capitan now with 2.9.2?

Thanks!
Jeff

jmosier01

Thanks all for the response! I was having some really weird things with tethering and other adjustments. Though I find LR a lot faster then Phocus for edits, the color out of Phocus is simply better. I'm going to give El Capitan another go and see how things are running now.

Domenico, I'm shooting an H3D-22 and H3DII-39 so live view is a no go for me. Hope you get everything sorted out.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Jeff

pochen86

I have problem like this photo. zoom in on 25& 50% are weired MBPR 15' 256G 2015 Mid
Hi I guys,

Thanks!
Jeff

pochen86

Hasselblad Phocus 2.9.2 OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 problems not solved

Zoom at 25% & 50% show white dots

same as OS 10.11.3

jmosier01

Re: Hasselblad Phocus 2.9.2 OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 problems not solved

Zoom at 25% & 50% show white dots

same as OS 10.11.3
Wow, I haven't experienced this. I did have to reinstall Yosemite on my iMac 5K. El Capitan runs great on my 2013 MBP with all apps, but My iMac basically stopped.

pochen86