Site Sponsors

Thread: Hasselblad zooms, any good?

Post Thanks / Like

Hasselblad zooms, any good?

About to get my H5D, but undecided on lenses yet. I'm thinking of getting S/H lenses and was wondering what the opinion was of the 35-110 and the 50-90?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Hasselblad zooms, any good?

I've had both. They are excellent. The 50-110 is probably going to be well used by now. The 35-90 was supposed to be better but it wasn't obvious for my stuff.
    Cheers,
    Jeff
    www.jeff-grant.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkBeaumont View Post
    About to get my H5D, but undecided on lenses yet. I'm thinking of getting S/H lenses and was wondering what the opinion was of the 35-110 and the 50-90?
    I have the 50-110mm zoom and used the 35-90mm zoom before on my H1 + Phase one p30 and Leica S2.

Optically the newer 35-90 is better, it is liked by those who shoot landscape pictures. It feels better balanced on the camera and comfortable to use. Used, it's usually twice the price of the 50-110mm.

I left the 50-110mm and sold the 35-90mm. I use the zooms on my S2 most of the time and the Leica 30-90 covers the wide focal lengths. The main reason I keep the 50-110mm is a simple fact that it's beautiful at f4.5 with strobes, covers a small group or full height at 55mm from a reasonable distance and do not distort faces at 110mm. For some reason, the old and cumbersome 50-110 is less harsh on the human skin and I like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Yevgeny NP View Post
    I have the 50-110mm zoom and used the 35-90mm zoom before on my H1 + Phase one p30 and Leica S2.

Optically the newer 35-90 is better, it is liked by those who shoot landscape pictures. It feels better balanced on the camera and comfortable to use. Used, it's usually twice the price of the 50-110mm.

I left the 50-110mm and sold the 35-90mm. I use the zooms on my S2 most of the time and the Leica 30-90 covers the wide focal lengths. The main reason I keep the 50-110mm is a simple fact that it's beautiful at f4.5 with strobes, covers a small group or full height at 55mm from a reasonable distance and do not distort faces at 110mm. For some reason, the old and cumbersome 50-110 is less harsh on the human skin and I like that.
    +1
    Stanley
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all, I'll see if I can get my hands on some and get to try them out, just wasn't sure if it was worth it if they are not that good.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big fan of my 35-90mm
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post