The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad zooms, any good?

MarkBeaumont

About to get my H5D, but undecided on lenses yet. I'm thinking of getting S/H lenses and was wondering what the opinion was of the 35-110 and the 50-90?

Jeffg53

I've had both. They are excellent. The 50-110 is probably going to be well used by now. The 35-90 was supposed to be better but it wasn't obvious for my stuff.

About to get my H5D, but undecided on lenses yet. I'm thinking of getting S/H lenses and was wondering what the opinion was of the 35-110 and the 50-90?
I have the 50-110mm zoom and used the 35-90mm zoom before on my H1 + Phase one p30 and Leica S2.

Optically the newer 35-90 is better, it is liked by those who shoot landscape pictures. It feels better balanced on the camera and comfortable to use. Used, it's usually twice the price of the 50-110mm.

I left the 50-110mm and sold the 35-90mm. I use the zooms on my S2 most of the time and the Leica 30-90 covers the wide focal lengths. The main reason I keep the 50-110mm is a simple fact that it's beautiful at f4.5 with strobes, covers a small group or full height at 55mm from a reasonable distance and do not distort faces at 110mm. For some reason, the old and cumbersome 50-110 is less harsh on the human skin and I like that.

stngoldberg

I have the 50-110mm zoom and used the 35-90mm zoom before on my H1 + Phase one p30 and Leica S2.

Optically the newer 35-90 is better, it is liked by those who shoot landscape pictures. It feels better balanced on the camera and comfortable to use. Used, it's usually twice the price of the 50-110mm.

I left the 50-110mm and sold the 35-90mm. I use the zooms on my S2 most of the time and the Leica 30-90 covers the wide focal lengths. The main reason I keep the 50-110mm is a simple fact that it's beautiful at f4.5 with strobes, covers a small group or full height at 55mm from a reasonable distance and do not distort faces at 110mm. For some reason, the old and cumbersome 50-110 is less harsh on the human skin and I like that.
+1
Stanley

MarkBeaumont

Thank you all, I'll see if I can get my hands on some and get to try them out, just wasn't sure if it was worth it if they are not that good.