The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ260 Achromatic 800ISO Banding

Hi all,

I've got a couple of images I'm having trouble with.

I'm seeing both horizontal and vertical banding when printing. The banding is hardly visible on screen (if at all) with calibrated NEC PA-series 30" displays, but can be seen in print (and no, the printer is not the issue).

Question is, is there any way to correct this type of "high" ISO banding on the IQ260 Achromatic, after the fact?

I tried creating an LCC, but didn't see any improvement.

I've also tried Topaz DeNoise, with the banding option (set to 20), but because it's not really visible on screen, I couldn't really see what I was doing, and found it actually made the banding more pronounced in the print.

Thanks in advance.

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

Sharing a raw image may be helpful in finding the problem…

Best regards
Erik

Hi all,

I've got a couple of images I'm having trouble with.

I'm seeing both horizontal and vertical banding when printing. The banding is hardly visible on screen (if at all) with calibrated NEC PA-series 30" displays, but can be seen in print (and no, the printer is not the issue).

Question is, is there any way to correct this type of "high" ISO banding on the IQ260 Achromatic, after the fact?

I tried creating an LCC, but didn't see any improvement.

I've also tried Topaz DeNoise, with the banding option (set to 20), but because it's not really visible on screen, I couldn't really see what I was doing, and found it actually made the banding more pronounced in the print.

Thanks in advance.