Site Sponsors

Thread: XF Viewfinder diopter adjustment

Post Thanks / Like

XF Viewfinder diopter adjustment

No big deal but I 'm just curious. Does anyone have any issues with their diopter adjustment knob
    being rotated from just normal handling, in & out of the bag e.t.c.?

Thanks

Don

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: XF Viewfinder diopter adjustment

Yeah, I've had that a few times, until I started storing the camera on its left side. Although I do this so as to avoid grasping the prism which can get detached when taking the camera out, it had the added benefit of not rubbing the diopter knob and thus changing it.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

It's happened to me as well; unlike Bill I store mine flat so I end up rubbing the knob every once in a while. I also have and use the waist level viewing so much that I store it on the camera eliminating the worries of the prism viewfinder.
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

+1 on storing on the left side in the bag. Given the weight and girth of the body it helps to pull the camera out by the right grip and avoid the temptation to grab the VF. I haven't had issues with the diopter adjuster personally that I remember. I use progressive eye glasses so perhaps I've just missed it if the diopter only moved a bit.

If if it becomes a problem over time I will resort to my trusty fix all - gaffer tape!
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    +1 on storing on the left side in the bag. Given the weight and girth of the body it helps to pull the camera out by the right grip and avoid the temptation to grab the VF. I haven't had issues with the diopter adjuster personally that I remember. I use progressive eye glasses so perhaps I've just missed it if the diopter only moved a bit.

If if it becomes a problem over time I will resort to my trusty fix all - gaffer tape!
    Graham,

I was writing you and half way thru my post stopped and tried it out and it works( LOL..feel like a dumb ***!). Originally I was going to say, doesn't the XF' height when storing on left side stick up above the Tilopa causing a bulge in the back of the backpack. THEN I realized when laying the Tilopa on its front to access the back everything is pushed backwards causing less heigth.

Cheers

Don