The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentacon Six to Phase One DF

segedi

It looks like there are adapters available for Pentacon Six lenses to work on Mamiya 645.
Would this work to adapt a P6 lens to a Phase One DF?

kdphotography

Phase One changed the mount slightly, so even the old Mamiya lenses don't fit without modification.
I think you need to qualify that statement. It's the really really old lenses that may require slight modification. The simply old Mamiya lenses work fine. ;)

You shouldn't have a problem with lenses from the 645AF era on, though certainly the D series through the SK LS selection of lenses are the better quality glass overall.

ken

Abstraction

I think you need to qualify that statement. It's the really really old lenses that may require slight modification. The simply old Mamiya lenses work fine. ;)

You shouldn't have a problem with lenses from the 645AF era on, though certainly the D series through the SK LS selection of lenses are the better quality glass overall.

ken
The manual focusing lenses require modification. The Pentacon to Mamiya adapter will have the same mount as the manual focusing Mamiya lenses, thus requiring modification.

steve_cor

The 645DF and 645DF+ do not have the issue with older lenses like the new XF.

I bought one of the Petzvar f/3.8 120mm medium format Petzval fine art lenses for my Phase One 645DF+. It came in a Pentacon Six bayonet. I simply ordered an adapter available for Pentacon Six lenses to work on Mamiya 645 from ebay. No modification required.

--Steve.