Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hasselblad Teaser

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Hasselblad Teaser

Quote Originally Posted by stngoldberg View Post
    I'm trying to confirm that in the power supply section, the additional external socket is for the battery to drive a technical camera.
    Does anyone have additional info?

Stanley
    Nope and what about the lenses ? On their official site it says:

Updated H Series Lenses

To take full advantage of the H6D’s new features, we have also updated our entire range of H series lenses and incorporated a new shutter unit with an extended lifespan and an increased top shutter speed of 1/2000th second, when used with an H6D camera. And of course, having a leaf shutter means that flash sync at all speeds is still possible.
    This sounds like the new 1/2000th will not work with the old ones ? No idea yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

here's the page:

http://www.hasselblad.com/h6d

Best regards, Domenico.

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hasselblad lost me--perhaps permanently--when the slashed the price of the H5D-50c months after I bought it. I have no confidence, at this point, that they know what they are doing. This comes after years of loyalty, owning every H model since the H3 and every single lens in the line. I get it that digital MF equipment has a short life span, but come on... We will see what their trade-up program is, but the value of my kit has already been whacked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thumbs up Re: Hasselblad Teaser

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyHyde View Post
    Hasselblad lost me--perhaps permanently--when the slashed the price of the H5D-50c months after I bought it. I have no confidence, at this point, that they know what they are doing. This comes after years of loyalty, owning every H model since the H3 and every single lens in the line. I get it that digital MF equipment has a short life span, but come on... We will see what their trade-up program is, but the value of my kit has already been whacked.
    Hi Timothy,
    I have the same sensation, the aggressive price policy and now a complete remake of all the lens shutter hardware surely contribute to lower the overall value of the kit...
    Anyway it was necessary to raise the level, now the always present discussion about 1/1600 that's better than 1/800 is coming to an end, this new introduction to me seems a good news because for my type of shoot 1/800 is ok, maybe now the used market get more interesting, some one change the body, other lens, and this is a good thing... But at the end I think only few photographer buy this new system, as per my past experience owning the H5D-50c this time I will wait they reduce the prices again and again before thinking to switch to H6D...

This new platform set new performance standard difficult, very difficult to beat now..., I would like to try it before saying more.

Best regards, Domenico.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

"now the always present discussion about 1/1600 that's better than 1/800 is coming to an end,”

that’s Doug’s bullet point list buggered then
    never trust the opinion of anyone who lists a load of gear in their forum signature. Dealers do not email me asking to buy your products.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Oh Mama.

Good to see Hasselblad back on track.

Dual cards, USB-3, touch screen, and …. 1/2000 sync … whaaaat!

Almost makes me wish I was still in the game … almost, but not quite.

- Marc
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It kinda tickles to watch the gear sluts come out. One and all.
    Oh, don't bother responding... I'm one of them.
    Come on in, the water's just fine !
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, not quite an ARRI Alexa65, but well, its a start

What's more interesting is if they offer a shutter upgrade program for existing lenses, the housing and everything seems identical, for the usual 800 EUR i'd consider upgrading the 50 and 100 mm lens, don't need 1/2000th in
    all the lenses.

After all this Lunar mess it is good to see Hasselblad cater to their "normal" customers, quite a big step forward
    for such a small company, didn't expect such a complete overhaul of the system including lenses, cards, display etc.
    I can smell some new gear coming to my house already ;-)

Ralf.

Post Thanks / Like

Now this new camera looks truly sensational and gets me interested in getting back into MFD in so many ways that the Phase XF/IQ hasn't!

So, any ideas of the price of the 100MP version yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by gazwas View Post
    Now this new camera looks truly sensational and gets me interested in getting back into MFD in so many ways that the Phase XF/IQ hasn't!

So, any ideas of the price of the 100MP version yet?
    As I predicted 29K EUR plus VAT so in Germany 34k

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree!! I paid $27,000 for my H5D-50C when it was a fairly new camera, but certainly not old enough for a subsequent $10,000+ price cut a year or so later. That really devalued my camera and totally upset me. Redemption will come if Hasselblad comes up with a reasonable upgrade offer. Otherwise, I'm happy with what I have.

Post Thanks / Like

My experience, too. Bought the H5D40 and the 24mm HCD lens at full price only to see the price cut by $AUS10,000 six weeks later. Not a word from my dealer. I likely wouldn't go back to Hassy for that reason alone.

Post Thanks / Like

H6D Page

H6D trade-in program
    "We are offering substantial trade-in savings on the purchase of an H6D system. See your nearest dealer for more information."

I wonder what the substantial trade-in savings are.
    Anyone have any details...

B&H is listed as Hasselblad dealer butI am surprized they don't even have H6D on their website yet.
    I don't think CI and DT are Hasselblad dealers anymore - right?
    IQ3 100 • Cambo 1600 • Rodenstock 23,32,50,90 • Zeiss 350SA
    UnTroubled Land

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Another link with some pics and info. 4K RAW video sounds interesting...

http://blog.mingthein.com/2016/04/07...nt/#more-12869

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys,

With our exclusive H6D trade-in program we are offering a generous allowance for existing Hasselblad users and those wishing to convert from other camera systems.

The trade-in program is valid from 1st April – 30th September 2016.

Please find all the H6D prices here http://www.hasselblad.com/products/h6d-trade-in-program

// The Hasselblad team

Quote Originally Posted by Jamgolf View Post
    H6D Page

H6D trade-in program
    "We are offering substantial trade-in savings on the purchase of an H6D system. See your nearest dealer for more information."

B&H is listed as Hasselblad dealer butI am surprized they don't even have H6D on their website yet.
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hasselblad Official View Post
    Hi guys,

With our exclusive H6D trade-in program we are offering a generous allowance for existing Hasselblad users and those wishing to convert from other camera systems.

Please find all the H6D prices here http://www.hasselblad.com/products/h6d-trade-in-program

// The Hasselblad team

Nice!

Interesting that the big megapixel competitor backs are not quite covered here, i.e IQx60/80 etc. The offer flattens out at 30MP backs.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys,

// The Hasselblad team
    Thank you very much for this information. The way I read this, the trade-in value of my H5D-50C for a H6D-100C is around $13,000, correct? Given the size of the sensor, will all of my existing Hasselblad lenses be fully functional on the new camera? Despite apparent advantages, I am not interested in purchasing a whole new set of glass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

H6D Page

H6D trade-in program

They do now incase you want to click the pre-order button Wonder if this will be any different from the IQ3 100 on tech lenses...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...rmat_dslr.html

Post Thanks / Like

Hi cerett,

That is correct. The US pricing is here: http://www.hasselblad.com/us/product...de-in-program/

All the lenses will be fully functional and compatible with the H6D-100c camera.

// The Hasselblad team

Quote Originally Posted by cerett View Post
    Thank you very much for this information. The way I read this, the trade-in value of my H5D-50C for a H6D-100C is around $13,000, correct? Given the size of the sensor, will all of my existing Hasselblad lenses be fully functional on the new camera? Despite apparent advantages, I am not interested in purchasing a whole new set of glass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I feel your pain, but I am puzzled by your logic. So, what should Hasselblad done for you? Should thy have told you to wait for a month or two? Should they have gone back and refunded money to purchasers? If so, how far should they go back; one month, two months, six months? Then, they would upset purchasers seven month before. Seems to me Hasselblad could not have pleased everyone. I am sure purchasers at the lower price were very pleased. Maybe we need to have Hasselblad website like MAC Rumors Buyer's Guide that offers advice to "buy now", don't buy", or "caution".

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Hi cerett,

That is correct. The US pricing is here: http://www.hasselblad.com/us/product...de-in-program/

All the lenses will be fully functional and compatible with the H6D-100c camera.

// The Hasselblad team
    Will the HCD lenses (24, 28, 35-90mm) have full coverage with the H6D-100c, or will they use a crop of the sensor? I was under the impression that the HCD lenses were designed for smaller sensors (e.g. product literature of the 24mm says it will not cover film @ 41.5x56mm)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi cerett,

That is correct. The US pricing is here: H6D Trade-In Program - Hasselblad

// The Hasselblad team

Would it be possble (now or in the future) to purchase the 100 MP digital back without the H6D body?
    This question can be quite important to technical camera users.
    Last edited by Jamgolf; 7th April 2016 at 20:36.
    UnTroubled Land

Post Thanks / Like

Would it possble (now or in the future) to purchase the 100 MP digital back without the H6D body?
    This question can be quite important to technical camera users.
    Hi Jamgolf,

We do not plan to offer the H6D digital back only. We are offering only Multi-Shot digital backs as separate units at the moment. Please find more information here http://www.hasselblad.com/digital-ba...t-digital-back

// The Hasselblad team

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jamgolf,

We do not plan to offer the H6D digital back only. We are offering only Multi-Shot digital backs as separate units at the moment. Please find more information here http://www.hasselblad.com/digital-ba...t-digital-back

// The Hasselblad team
    Is there a multishot version of this back planned?

Kind regards,

Gerald

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tcdeveau View Post
    Will the HCD lenses (24, 28, 35-90mm) have full coverage with the H6D-100c, or will they use a crop of the sensor? I was under the impression that the HCD lenses were designed for smaller sensors (e.g. product literature of the 24mm says it will not cover film @ 41.5x56mm)
    Hi tcdeveau,

Theoretically you would not fully cover all the area. The H6D-100c sensor is equivalent to the size of the H5D-60 CCD sensor. However, practically it covers more or less the whole sensor.

// The Hasselblad team

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

// The Hasselblad team
    Just wanted to take the chance to welcome you to the forum! It's a friendly place and we hope you stick around.
    Doug Peterson , Digital Transitions | Email
    Dealer for: Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Eizo, Profoto
    Office: 877.367.8537. Cell: 740.707.2183
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Two other questions if I may...

Is the 4K video from the full sensor?

Can you pull 4k video from a crop of the sensor without pixel binning?

Kind regards,

Gerald

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jamgolf,

// The Hasselblad team
    Thank for your reply H-Team.
    I truly wish it was possible to get just the digital back.
    Please share this feedback with the decision makers.
    UnTroubled Land

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gerald.d View Post
    Two other questions if I may...

Is the 4K video from the full sensor?

Can you pull 4k video from a crop of the sensor without pixel binning?

Kind regards,

Gerald
    Hi gerald.d,

There is a vertical crop to get 16:9 aspect, but full width is used.

No, you cannot pull 4K from the center of the sensor.

// The Hasselblad team

Post Thanks / Like

One more...

Is the decision not to make the back available separately purely a marketing one, or is there something fundamental in the way the new camera has been designed that means that technically it would not be possible for the back to be used without the camera?

Kind regards,

Gerald

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gerald.d View Post
    One more...

Is the decision not to make the back available separately purely a marketing one, or is there something fundamental in the way the new camera has been designed that means that technically it would not be possible for the back to be used without the camera?

Kind regards,

Gerald
    Hi Gerald,

This is indeed a business decision. Technically it would be possible with some modification. I will make sure the Hasselblad business decision makers get your note.

// The Hasselblad team

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hello Hasselblad team
    Will the auxiliary battery that I use for my technical camera on my H5D50 (the one that is attached to the bottom of the back) work on the H6D100 that I ordered today?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi gerald.d,

There is a vertical crop to get 16:9 aspect, but full width is used.

No, you cannot pull 4K from the center of the sensor.

// The Hasselblad team
    Is it Cinema 4k (4096x2160) or UHD (3840x2160)?

Also, can the HDMI output send 4k out? Can it output 4:2:2 (4k or HD)?

Exciting camera! Looking forward to some field tests in the wild and more information/specs.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Hasselblad team
    Will the auxiliary battery that I use for my technical camera on my H5D50 (the one that is attached to the bottom of the back) work on the H6D100 that I ordered today?
    Hi stngoldberg,

Unfortunately the H5D50 solution is designed for that specific camera. The new H6D100 camera will not support this specific solution. There is actually no similar solution available for the H6D100 at the moment, but our engineers are working on it.

// The Hasselblad team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by med View Post
    Is it Cinema 4k (4096x2160) or UHD (3840x2160)?

Also, can the HDMI output send 4k out? Can it output 4:2:2 (4k or HD)?

Exciting camera! Looking forward to some field tests in the wild and more information/specs.
    Hi med,

It is UHD. Please find more details at the product page www.hasselblad.com/medium-format/h6d-100c

// The Hasselblad team

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Gerald,

This is indeed a business decision. Technically it would be possible with some modification. I will make sure the Hasselblad business decision makers get your note.

// The Hasselblad team
    Thanks. It would be amazing to be able to put one of these on my CAPcam.

Really appreciate you joining the forum and taking the time to address all the queries by the way - good job.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you for that information. I just called my dealer and cancelled the order!
    It doesn't seem possible that Hasselblad would ignore technical camera customers!
    Stanley

Post Thanks / Like

Is the tripod mounting plate exactly the same as the other H cameras in terms of size, etc. Were there any changes in the dimensions?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cerett View Post
    Is the tripod mounting plate exactly the same as the other H cameras in terms of size, etc. Were there any changes in the dimensions?
    Hi cerett,

Yes, it is exactly the same mounting plate.

// The Hasselblad team

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for that information. I just called my dealer and cancelled the order!
    It doesn't seem possible that Hasselblad would ignore technical camera customers!
    Stanley
    Especially considering this line from the HDMI section of the Product info page:

"It is also a huge advantage to photographers using liveview to check composition and focus when using a technical camera."

Post Thanks / Like

What will the cost be for upgrading the shutter in the HC lens?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Hi stngoldberg,

Unfortunately the H5D50 solution is designed for that specific camera. The new H6D100 camera will not support this specific solution. There is actually no similar solution available for the H6D100 at the moment, but our engineers are working on it.

// The Hasselblad team
    Can't the back be powered via its usb interface? In that case wouldn't a simple USB battery and cable solve that problem? They are generally available for peanuts, so...

Post Thanks / Like

When will Phocus 3 be out?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jerome_m View Post
    Can't the back be powered via its usb interface? In that case wouldn't a simple USB battery and cable solve that problem? They are generally available for peanuts, so...
    USB battery with cable is not a very elegant solution for a $33,000 camera.
    It's enough of a PITA carrying around a tripod, technical camera, Leica laser,and an opaque LCC object.
    Now you suggest hanging a cable connected to battery from the camera...Hasselblad must duplicate the same solution that they created for the H5D50....namely an ATTACHED battery
    Stanley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BANKER1 View Post
    I feel your pain, but I am puzzled by your logic. So, what should Hasselblad done for you? Should thy have told you to wait for a month or two? Should they have gone back and refunded money to purchasers? If so, how far should they go back; one month, two months, six months? Then, they would upset purchasers seven month before. Seems to me Hasselblad could not have pleased everyone. I am sure purchasers at the lower price were very pleased. Maybe we need to have Hasselblad website like MAC Rumors Buyer's Guide that offers advice to "buy now", don't buy", or "caution".

Greg
    I agree, Greg.

I bought the CFV-50c at its original $15K price three weeks before the $10K "promotion" that started on October 1st. My impeccably poor timing cost me five grand. I had even asked the Hasselblad rep who kindly demoed the back for me a few days prior my purchase if he had heard of any specials or price reductions or promotions coming down the pipeline. He shook his head no.

I (obviously) believed him then. I believe him to this day.

Even as I was aghast at having "lost" that money, I didn't blame Hasselblad. It was just one of those things that sometimes happen.

And I've loved that CFV-50c to the moon.
    Jeff

www.jeffhughesphoto.com

Post Thanks / Like

It's enough of a PITA carrying around a tripod, technical camera, Leica laser,and an opaque LCC object.
    Now you suggest hanging a cable connected to battery from the camera...Hasselblad must duplicate the same solution that they created for the H5D50....namely an ATTACHED battery
    Stanley
    Aw... come on! The solution on the H5D50 is not that great and costs quite a bit of money. If you can do with a 10$ USB power bank and a cable you already have, you'll have some money left for a bit of velcro tape.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys,

// The Hasselblad team
    Is there a page wth USD prices or is a simple conversion enough? I know sometimes US and European deals and offers differ slightly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanielDuarte View Post
    Is there a page wth USD prices?
    Here: http://www.hasselblad.com/us/product...de-in-program/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerome_m View Post
    If you can do with a 10$ USB power bank and a cable you already have, you'll have some money left for a bit of velcro tape.
    I have not used a Hasselblad DB so please excuse my ignorance...
    So Hasselblad digital backs do not have a battery of their own and draw power from the H camera body's battery pack?
    UnTroubled Land

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes, the battery is on the body. The back when on a tech cam needs its
    own power supply
    Stanley