Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 115

Thread: Hasselblad Teaser

  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Munich
    Posts
    876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by stngoldberg View Post
    I'm trying to confirm that in the power supply section, the additional external socket is for the battery to drive a technical camera.
    Does anyone have additional info?

    Stanley
    Nope and what about the lenses ? On their official site it says:

    Updated H Series Lenses

    To take full advantage of the H6D’s new features, we have also updated our entire range of H series lenses and incorporated a new shutter unit with an extended lifespan and an increased top shutter speed of 1/2000th second, when used with an H6D camera. And of course, having a leaf shutter means that flash sync at all speeds is still possible.
    This sounds like the new 1/2000th will not work with the old ones ? No idea yet.

  2. #52
    Member modator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Northern Italy
    Posts
    126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    32

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    here's the page:

    http://www.hasselblad.com/h6d

    Best regards, Domenico.

  3. #53
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    222
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    116

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Hasselblad lost me--perhaps permanently--when the slashed the price of the H5D-50c months after I bought it. I have no confidence, at this point, that they know what they are doing. This comes after years of loyalty, owning every H model since the H3 and every single lens in the line. I get it that digital MF equipment has a short life span, but come on... We will see what their trade-up program is, but the value of my kit has already been whacked.

  4. #54
    Member modator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Northern Italy
    Posts
    126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    32

    Thumbs up Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by TimothyHyde View Post
    Hasselblad lost me--perhaps permanently--when the slashed the price of the H5D-50c months after I bought it. I have no confidence, at this point, that they know what they are doing. This comes after years of loyalty, owning every H model since the H3 and every single lens in the line. I get it that digital MF equipment has a short life span, but come on... We will see what their trade-up program is, but the value of my kit has already been whacked.
    Hi Timothy,
    I have the same sensation, the aggressive price policy and now a complete remake of all the lens shutter hardware surely contribute to lower the overall value of the kit...
    Anyway it was necessary to raise the level, now the always present discussion about 1/1600 that's better than 1/800 is coming to an end, this new introduction to me seems a good news because for my type of shoot 1/800 is ok, maybe now the used market get more interesting, some one change the body, other lens, and this is a good thing... But at the end I think only few photographer buy this new system, as per my past experience owning the H5D-50c this time I will wait they reduce the prices again and again before thinking to switch to H6D...

    This new platform set new performance standard difficult, very difficult to beat now..., I would like to try it before saying more.

    Best regards, Domenico.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  5. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    "now the always present discussion about 1/1600 that's better than 1/800 is coming to an end,”

    that’s Doug’s bullet point list buggered then
    never trust the opinion of anyone who lists a load of gear in their forum signature. Dealers do not email me asking to buy your products.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  6. #56
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Oh Mama.

    Good to see Hasselblad back on track.

    Dual cards, USB-3, touch screen, and …. 1/2000 sync … whaaaat!

    Almost makes me wish I was still in the game … almost, but not quite.

    - Marc
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  7. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    It kinda tickles to watch the gear sluts come out. One and all.
    Oh, don't bother responding... I'm one of them.
    Come on in, the water's just fine !
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  8. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Karlsruhe, Germany
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Ok, not quite an ARRI Alexa65, but well, its a start

    What's more interesting is if they offer a shutter upgrade program for existing lenses, the housing and everything seems identical, for the usual 800 EUR i'd consider upgrading the 50 and 100 mm lens, don't need 1/2000th in
    all the lenses.

    After all this Lunar mess it is good to see Hasselblad cater to their "normal" customers, quite a big step forward
    for such a small company, didn't expect such a complete overhaul of the system including lenses, cards, display etc.
    I can smell some new gear coming to my house already ;-)

    Ralf.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Now this new camera looks truly sensational and gets me interested in getting back into MFD in so many ways that the Phase XF/IQ hasn't!

    So, any ideas of the price of the 100MP version yet?

  10. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Munich
    Posts
    876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by gazwas View Post
    Now this new camera looks truly sensational and gets me interested in getting back into MFD in so many ways that the Phase XF/IQ hasn't!

    So, any ideas of the price of the 100MP version yet?
    As I predicted 29K EUR plus VAT so in Germany 34k

  11. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by TimothyHyde View Post
    Hasselblad lost me--perhaps permanently--when the slashed the price of the H5D-50c months after I bought it. I have no confidence, at this point, that they know what they are doing. This comes after years of loyalty, owning every H model since the H3 and every single lens in the line. I get it that digital MF equipment has a short life span, but come on... We will see what their trade-up program is, but the value of my kit has already been whacked.
    I totally agree!! I paid $27,000 for my H5D-50C when it was a fairly new camera, but certainly not old enough for a subsequent $10,000+ price cut a year or so later. That really devalued my camera and totally upset me. Redemption will come if Hasselblad comes up with a reasonable upgrade offer. Otherwise, I'm happy with what I have.

  12. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by TimothyHyde View Post
    Hasselblad lost me--perhaps permanently--when the slashed the price of the H5D-50c months after I bought it. I have no confidence, at this point, that they know what they are doing. This comes after years of loyalty, owning every H model since the H3 and every single lens in the line. I get it that digital MF equipment has a short life span, but come on... We will see what their trade-up program is, but the value of my kit has already been whacked.
    My experience, too. Bought the H5D40 and the 24mm HCD lens at full price only to see the price cut by $AUS10,000 six weeks later. Not a word from my dealer. I likely wouldn't go back to Hassy for that reason alone.

  13. #63
    Senior Member Jamgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    H6D Page

    H6D trade-in program
    "We are offering substantial trade-in savings on the purchase of an H6D system. See your nearest dealer for more information."

    I wonder what the substantial trade-in savings are.
    Anyone have any details...

    B&H is listed as Hasselblad dealer butI am surprized they don't even have H6D on their website yet.
    I don't think CI and DT are Hasselblad dealers anymore - right?
    IQ3 100 • Cambo 1600 • Rodenstock 23,32,50,90 • Zeiss 350SA
    UnTroubled Land

  14. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,069
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    83

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Another link with some pics and info. 4K RAW video sounds interesting...

    http://blog.mingthein.com/2016/04/07...nt/#more-12869

  15. #65
    Member Hasselblad Official's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Hi guys,

    With our exclusive H6D trade-in program we are offering a generous allowance for existing Hasselblad users and those wishing to convert from other camera systems.

    The trade-in program is valid from 1st April – 30th September 2016.

    Please find all the H6D prices here http://www.hasselblad.com/products/h6d-trade-in-program

    // The Hasselblad team


    Quote Originally Posted by Jamgolf View Post
    H6D Page

    H6D trade-in program
    "We are offering substantial trade-in savings on the purchase of an H6D system. See your nearest dealer for more information."

    I wonder what the substantial trade-in savings are.
    Anyone have any details...

    B&H is listed as Hasselblad dealer butI am surprized they don't even have H6D on their website yet.
    I don't think CI and DT are Hasselblad dealers anymore - right?
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  16. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,069
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    83

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselblad Official View Post
    Hi guys,

    With our exclusive H6D trade-in program we are offering a generous allowance for existing Hasselblad users and those wishing to convert from other camera systems.

    The trade-in program is valid from 1st April – 30th September 2016.

    Please find all the H6D prices here http://www.hasselblad.com/products/h6d-trade-in-program

    // The Hasselblad team

    Nice!

    Interesting that the big megapixel competitor backs are not quite covered here, i.e IQx60/80 etc. The offer flattens out at 30MP backs.

  17. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselblad Official View Post
    Hi guys,

    With our exclusive H6D trade-in program we are offering a generous allowance for existing Hasselblad users and those wishing to convert from other camera systems.

    The trade-in program is valid from 1st April – 30th September 2016.

    Please find all the H6D prices here http://www.hasselblad.com/products/h6d-trade-in-program

    // The Hasselblad team
    Thank you very much for this information. The way I read this, the trade-in value of my H5D-50C for a H6D-100C is around $13,000, correct? Given the size of the sensor, will all of my existing Hasselblad lenses be fully functional on the new camera? Despite apparent advantages, I am not interested in purchasing a whole new set of glass.

  18. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,069
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    83

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamgolf View Post
    H6D Page

    H6D trade-in program
    "We are offering substantial trade-in savings on the purchase of an H6D system. See your nearest dealer for more information."

    I wonder what the substantial trade-in savings are.
    Anyone have any details...

    B&H is listed as Hasselblad dealer butI am surprized they don't even have H6D on their website yet.
    I don't think CI and DT are Hasselblad dealers anymore - right?
    They do now incase you want to click the pre-order button Wonder if this will be any different from the IQ3 100 on tech lenses...

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...rmat_dslr.html
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  19. #69
    Member Hasselblad Official's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Hi cerett,

    That is correct. The US pricing is here: http://www.hasselblad.com/us/product...de-in-program/

    All the lenses will be fully functional and compatible with the H6D-100c camera.

    // The Hasselblad team

    Quote Originally Posted by cerett View Post
    Thank you very much for this information. The way I read this, the trade-in value of my H5D-50C for a H6D-100C is around $13,000, correct? Given the size of the sensor, will all of my existing Hasselblad lenses be fully functional on the new camera? Despite apparent advantages, I am not interested in purchasing a whole new set of glass.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  20. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by TimothyHyde View Post
    Hasselblad lost me--perhaps permanently--when the slashed the price of the H5D-50c months after I bought it. I have no confidence, at this point, that they know what they are doing. This comes after years of loyalty, owning every H model since the H3 and every single lens in the line. I get it that digital MF equipment has a short life span, but come on... We will see what their trade-up program is, but the value of my kit has already been whacked.
    I feel your pain, but I am puzzled by your logic. So, what should Hasselblad done for you? Should thy have told you to wait for a month or two? Should they have gone back and refunded money to purchasers? If so, how far should they go back; one month, two months, six months? Then, they would upset purchasers seven month before. Seems to me Hasselblad could not have pleased everyone. I am sure purchasers at the lower price were very pleased. Maybe we need to have Hasselblad website like MAC Rumors Buyer's Guide that offers advice to "buy now", don't buy", or "caution".

    Greg
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  21. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    450
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselblad Official View Post
    Hi cerett,

    That is correct. The US pricing is here: http://www.hasselblad.com/us/product...de-in-program/

    All the lenses will be fully functional and compatible with the H6D-100c camera.

    // The Hasselblad team
    Will the HCD lenses (24, 28, 35-90mm) have full coverage with the H6D-100c, or will they use a crop of the sensor? I was under the impression that the HCD lenses were designed for smaller sensors (e.g. product literature of the 24mm says it will not cover film @ 41.5x56mm)
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  22. #72
    Senior Member Jamgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselblad Official View Post
    Hi cerett,

    That is correct. The US pricing is here: H6D Trade-In Program - Hasselblad

    All the lenses will be fully functional and compatible with the H6D-100c camera.

    // The Hasselblad team

    Would it be possble (now or in the future) to purchase the 100 MP digital back without the H6D body?
    This question can be quite important to technical camera users.
    Last edited by Jamgolf; 7th April 2016 at 20:36.
    IQ3 100 • Cambo 1600 • Rodenstock 23,32,50,90 • Zeiss 350SA
    UnTroubled Land
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  23. #73
    Member Hasselblad Official's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamgolf View Post
    Would it possble (now or in the future) to purchase the 100 MP digital back without the H6D body?
    This question can be quite important to technical camera users.
    Hi Jamgolf,

    We do not plan to offer the H6D digital back only. We are offering only Multi-Shot digital backs as separate units at the moment. Please find more information here http://www.hasselblad.com/digital-ba...t-digital-back

    // The Hasselblad team
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  24. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselblad Official View Post
    Hi Jamgolf,

    We do not plan to offer the H6D digital back only. We are offering only Multi-Shot digital backs as separate units at the moment. Please find more information here http://www.hasselblad.com/digital-ba...t-digital-back

    // The Hasselblad team
    Is there a multishot version of this back planned?

    Kind regards,

    Gerald

  25. #75
    Member Hasselblad Official's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by tcdeveau View Post
    Will the HCD lenses (24, 28, 35-90mm) have full coverage with the H6D-100c, or will they use a crop of the sensor? I was under the impression that the HCD lenses were designed for smaller sensors (e.g. product literature of the 24mm says it will not cover film @ 41.5x56mm)
    Hi tcdeveau,

    Theoretically you would not fully cover all the area. The H6D-100c sensor is equivalent to the size of the H5D-60 CCD sensor. However, practically it covers more or less the whole sensor.

    // The Hasselblad team
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  26. #76
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselblad Official View Post
    // The Hasselblad team
    Just wanted to take the chance to welcome you to the forum! It's a friendly place and we hope you stick around.
    Doug Peterson , Digital Transitions | Email
    Dealer for: Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Eizo, Profoto
    Office: 877.367.8537. Cell: 740.707.2183
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  27. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Two other questions if I may...

    Is the 4K video from the full sensor?

    Can you pull 4k video from a crop of the sensor without pixel binning?

    Kind regards,

    Gerald

  28. #78
    Senior Member Jamgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselblad Official View Post
    Hi Jamgolf,

    We do not plan to offer the H6D digital back only. We are offering only Multi-Shot digital backs as separate units at the moment. Please find more information here http://www.hasselblad.com/digital-ba...t-digital-back

    // The Hasselblad team
    Thank for your reply H-Team.
    I truly wish it was possible to get just the digital back.
    Please share this feedback with the decision makers.
    IQ3 100 • Cambo 1600 • Rodenstock 23,32,50,90 • Zeiss 350SA
    UnTroubled Land

  29. #79
    Member Hasselblad Official's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by gerald.d View Post
    Two other questions if I may...

    Is the 4K video from the full sensor?

    Can you pull 4k video from a crop of the sensor without pixel binning?

    Kind regards,

    Gerald
    Hi gerald.d,

    There is a vertical crop to get 16:9 aspect, but full width is used.

    No, you cannot pull 4K from the center of the sensor.

    // The Hasselblad team
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  30. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    One more...

    Is the decision not to make the back available separately purely a marketing one, or is there something fundamental in the way the new camera has been designed that means that technically it would not be possible for the back to be used without the camera?

    Kind regards,

    Gerald

  31. #81
    Member Hasselblad Official's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by gerald.d View Post
    One more...

    Is the decision not to make the back available separately purely a marketing one, or is there something fundamental in the way the new camera has been designed that means that technically it would not be possible for the back to be used without the camera?

    Kind regards,

    Gerald
    Hi Gerald,

    This is indeed a business decision. Technically it would be possible with some modification. I will make sure the Hasselblad business decision makers get your note.

    // The Hasselblad team
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  32. #82
    Senior Member stngoldberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    newport, RI
    Posts
    808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Hello Hasselblad team
    Will the auxiliary battery that I use for my technical camera on my H5D50 (the one that is attached to the bottom of the back) work on the H6D100 that I ordered today?

  33. #83
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Guelph, Canada
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselblad Official View Post
    Hi gerald.d,

    There is a vertical crop to get 16:9 aspect, but full width is used.

    No, you cannot pull 4K from the center of the sensor.

    // The Hasselblad team
    Is it Cinema 4k (4096x2160) or UHD (3840x2160)?

    Also, can the HDMI output send 4k out? Can it output 4:2:2 (4k or HD)?

    Exciting camera! Looking forward to some field tests in the wild and more information/specs.

  34. #84
    Member Hasselblad Official's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by stngoldberg View Post
    Hello Hasselblad team
    Will the auxiliary battery that I use for my technical camera on my H5D50 (the one that is attached to the bottom of the back) work on the H6D100 that I ordered today?
    Hi stngoldberg,

    Unfortunately the H5D50 solution is designed for that specific camera. The new H6D100 camera will not support this specific solution. There is actually no similar solution available for the H6D100 at the moment, but our engineers are working on it.

    // The Hasselblad team

  35. #85
    Member Hasselblad Official's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by med View Post
    Is it Cinema 4k (4096x2160) or UHD (3840x2160)?

    Also, can the HDMI output send 4k out? Can it output 4:2:2 (4k or HD)?

    Exciting camera! Looking forward to some field tests in the wild and more information/specs.
    Hi med,

    It is UHD. Please find more details at the product page www.hasselblad.com/medium-format/h6d-100c

    // The Hasselblad team
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  36. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselblad Official View Post
    Hi Gerald,

    This is indeed a business decision. Technically it would be possible with some modification. I will make sure the Hasselblad business decision makers get your note.

    // The Hasselblad team
    Thanks. It would be amazing to be able to put one of these on my CAPcam.

    Really appreciate you joining the forum and taking the time to address all the queries by the way - good job.

    Kind regards,

    Gerald
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  37. #87
    Senior Member stngoldberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    newport, RI
    Posts
    808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Thank you for that information. I just called my dealer and cancelled the order!
    It doesn't seem possible that Hasselblad would ignore technical camera customers!
    Stanley

  38. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Is the tripod mounting plate exactly the same as the other H cameras in terms of size, etc. Were there any changes in the dimensions?

  39. #89
    Member Hasselblad Official's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by cerett View Post
    Is the tripod mounting plate exactly the same as the other H cameras in terms of size, etc. Were there any changes in the dimensions?
    Hi cerett,

    Yes, it is exactly the same mounting plate.

    // The Hasselblad team

  40. #90
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Guelph, Canada
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by stngoldberg View Post
    Thank you for that information. I just called my dealer and cancelled the order!
    It doesn't seem possible that Hasselblad would ignore technical camera customers!
    Stanley
    Especially considering this line from the HDMI section of the Product info page:

    "It is also a huge advantage to photographers using liveview to check composition and focus when using a technical camera."

  41. #91
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    What will the cost be for upgrading the shutter in the HC lens?

    Thanks

  42. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselblad Official View Post
    Hi stngoldberg,

    Unfortunately the H5D50 solution is designed for that specific camera. The new H6D100 camera will not support this specific solution. There is actually no similar solution available for the H6D100 at the moment, but our engineers are working on it.

    // The Hasselblad team
    Can't the back be powered via its usb interface? In that case wouldn't a simple USB battery and cable solve that problem? They are generally available for peanuts, so...

  43. #93
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    63
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    When will Phocus 3 be out?

  44. #94
    Senior Member stngoldberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    newport, RI
    Posts
    808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by jerome_m View Post
    Can't the back be powered via its usb interface? In that case wouldn't a simple USB battery and cable solve that problem? They are generally available for peanuts, so...
    USB battery with cable is not a very elegant solution for a $33,000 camera.
    It's enough of a PITA carrying around a tripod, technical camera, Leica laser,and an opaque LCC object.
    Now you suggest hanging a cable connected to battery from the camera...Hasselblad must duplicate the same solution that they created for the H5D50....namely an ATTACHED battery
    Stanley

  45. #95
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by BANKER1 View Post
    I feel your pain, but I am puzzled by your logic. So, what should Hasselblad done for you? Should thy have told you to wait for a month or two? Should they have gone back and refunded money to purchasers? If so, how far should they go back; one month, two months, six months? Then, they would upset purchasers seven month before. Seems to me Hasselblad could not have pleased everyone. I am sure purchasers at the lower price were very pleased. Maybe we need to have Hasselblad website like MAC Rumors Buyer's Guide that offers advice to "buy now", don't buy", or "caution".

    Greg
    I agree, Greg.

    I bought the CFV-50c at its original $15K price three weeks before the $10K "promotion" that started on October 1st. My impeccably poor timing cost me five grand. I had even asked the Hasselblad rep who kindly demoed the back for me a few days prior my purchase if he had heard of any specials or price reductions or promotions coming down the pipeline. He shook his head no.

    I (obviously) believed him then. I believe him to this day.

    Even as I was aghast at having "lost" that money, I didn't blame Hasselblad. It was just one of those things that sometimes happen.

    And I've loved that CFV-50c to the moon.
    Jeff

    www.jeffhughesphoto.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  46. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by stngoldberg View Post
    USB battery with cable is not a very elegant solution for a $33,000 camera.
    It's enough of a PITA carrying around a tripod, technical camera, Leica laser,and an opaque LCC object.
    Now you suggest hanging a cable connected to battery from the camera...Hasselblad must duplicate the same solution that they created for the H5D50....namely an ATTACHED battery
    Stanley
    Aw... come on! The solution on the H5D50 is not that great and costs quite a bit of money. If you can do with a 10$ USB power bank and a cable you already have, you'll have some money left for a bit of velcro tape.

  47. #97
    Senior Member DanielDuarte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselblad Official View Post
    Hi guys,

    With our exclusive H6D trade-in program we are offering a generous allowance for existing Hasselblad users and those wishing to convert from other camera systems.

    The trade-in program is valid from 1st April – 30th September 2016.

    Please find all the H6D prices here http://www.hasselblad.com/products/h6d-trade-in-program

    // The Hasselblad team
    Is there a page wth USD prices or is a simple conversion enough? I know sometimes US and European deals and offers differ slightly.

  48. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by DanielDuarte View Post
    Is there a page wth USD prices?
    Here: http://www.hasselblad.com/us/product...de-in-program/

  49. #99
    Senior Member Jamgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Quote Originally Posted by jerome_m View Post
    If you can do with a 10$ USB power bank and a cable you already have, you'll have some money left for a bit of velcro tape.
    Quote Originally Posted by stngoldberg View Post
    USB battery with cable is not a very elegant solution for a $33,000 camera.
    I have not used a Hasselblad DB so please excuse my ignorance...
    So Hasselblad digital backs do not have a battery of their own and draw power from the H camera body's battery pack?
    IQ3 100 • Cambo 1600 • Rodenstock 23,32,50,90 • Zeiss 350SA
    UnTroubled Land

  50. #100
    Senior Member stngoldberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    newport, RI
    Posts
    808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: Hasselblad Teaser

    Yes, the battery is on the body. The back when on a tech cam needs its
    own power supply
    Stanley
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •