The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Teaser

Re-introduction of the V-system would be nice. The date would fit too, since it´s almost exactly 3 years now that they abandoned it. I still hope they have not scrapped the machinery for producing V-system cameras yet. Remember, Rollei was able to rise from the ashes several times because they always kept the machinery.
Further more, I wish for a mirrorless V-Hasselblad, based on the body of the SWC but with the ability to change lenses.

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

Because Sony (or some one else) would need to develop a new 50 MP full frame sensor, bottom up. Probably needing a new pixel design. So the sensor would be more expensive to develop/make than the 100MP sensor, which probably leans quite a bit on late generations designs.

Hasselblad (or some one else) could sell such a back with lower margins, of course.

Best regards
Erik

That would be right up my alley!

fotografz

Marc,

Mirrorless MFD was what I was told by a former Hasselblad area sales rep just prior to the introduction of the Lunar. He was just full of it, I guess and didn't last long after that. Upon the introduction of the Lunar, I bought a Leica M. A medium format mirrorless camera that used H lenses makes sense to me. However the large MF lenses kind of negate the purpose of a small sized mirrorless cam.

Greg
I'm not sure the only advantage of mirror-less is just size Greg.

However, I do not think Hasselblad will be announcing such a radical departure … nor do I believe the V system will rise like a Phoenix.

- Marc

torger

Don't get too carried away. Hasselblad is a small company with limited resources, even if they had infinite amount of money (which they don't) they're currently only so many engineers. It takes a lot of man hours to develop even what may seem "little" things.

My guess is a H6D, including a 100MP with the Sony sensor, with a new digital back platform with touch screen. Nothing more, nothing less.

tcdeveau

They just posted another teaser, a [partial] pic that looks like a sleek side profile of a back

https://www.instagram.com/hasselblad_official/

An H6D-50c (with the current 50mp sony sensor) and/or H6D-100 with an improved rear LCD and USB 3.0 (or other such as USB-C, thunderbolt, etc) would be just fine with me. I was also very impressed with the clarity and responsiveness of the top LCD touch-screen on the Phase XF when I tested one and would love to see something similar on an H6D body. Anything else save Phocus improvements is probably unlikely but we'll find out soon enough.

AreBee

torger said:
Don't get too carried away. Hasselblad is a small company with limited resources, even if they had infinite amount of money (which they don't) they're currently only so many engineers. It takes a lot of man hours to develop even what may seem "little" things.
Hmm, interesting: small Swedish company requires technically-minded individuals located in Sweden to further its return to greatness.

Do you know any technically-minded individuals located in Sweden, Anders? Hmm?

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

That is quite a lot...

But let's speculate:

• H6D with 100MP Sony sensor and touch screen
  • H6D with 50MP Sony sensor and touch screen
  • H6D Multishot
  • Something coming out of the DJI cooperation

Why? It makes to have 100MP and 50MP on the same platform. Hasselblad used to have a multishot platform.

Best regards
Erik

My guess is a H6D, including a 100MP with the Sony sensor, with a new digital back platform with touch screen. Nothing more, nothing less.

modator

Today Hasselblad on it's Facebook page have disclose a little about what is coming on 7 April...

the image they post is very dark showing a silhouette of a new back or the entire H6D Lineup...
with some digital lightening I found some little other interesting detail such as there is only one line of button ? or only one button, and if it's only one we have to expect a touch screen I suppose..
Anyway it's clear the image they post is related to a NEW BACK design, the bottom is more flat and the CF Card door is re designed to adapt to the new line of the body, plus this door have only the H logo instead of model name (or maybe the model number is deliberately wiped to put more suspence...).

here's the resulting image:

Stay tuned, best regards, Domenico.

+1

Christopher

Hasselblad/Fujifilm Mirrorless MF in addition to the H6D maybe?
Nope. There won't be any real surprises. Just a H6D and a new back design. Probably the most interesting part will be the price. My guess is around 34k with camera.

Which brings me back to my question ? Is phase nuts ? Or am I. ;)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Nope. There won't be any real surprises. Just a H6D and a new back design. Probably the most interesting part will be the price. My guess is around 34k with camera.

Which brings me back to my question ? Is phase nuts ? Or am I. ;)
If Phase is nuts then so are all the people who have purchased IQ3 100mp units in the last four months. It's been, by far, our most successful product launch ever.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

If Phase is nuts then so are all the people who have purchased IQ3 100mp units in the last four months. It's been, by far, our most successful product launch ever.
Mostly, I suspect, because the upgrade price was so reasonable. (By Phase standards, anyway!) I've just made my first large (48 inch) prints from the IQ3 100 back and I'm blown away by the fine detail and dynamic range.

Nick-T

You are not going to see the V-System resurrected. It doesn't make any sense I'm afraid.

In 12 hours or so you are going to see some cool stuff though :)

tjv

Flash sync at 1/2000 of a second on all existing lenses?
Can't see mention of a touch screen? Could be Google translate is crap...
Like the duel card slots, USB 3 and HDMI.
2.5 frames a second (for 50c). Not sure what the competition offers here.
I'm guessing the Google translation of "does not have a serial shoot" means no video?
I wonder what the price will be compared to the competition, but I'm guessing less.

http://www.digineff.cz/clanek/aktuality/hasselblad-h6d

H6D-100c, H6D-50c and Phocus 3.0. Hopefully coming in a more accessible language soon :)