The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Teaser

cerett

Hasselblad lost me--perhaps permanently--when the slashed the price of the H5D-50c months after I bought it. I have no confidence, at this point, that they know what they are doing. This comes after years of loyalty, owning every H model since the H3 and every single lens in the line. I get it that digital MF equipment has a short life span, but come on... We will see what their trade-up program is, but the value of my kit has already been whacked.
I totally agree!! I paid $27,000 for my H5D-50C when it was a fairly new camera, but certainly not old enough for a subsequent $10,000+ price cut a year or so later. That really devalued my camera and totally upset me. Redemption will come if Hasselblad comes up with a reasonable upgrade offer. Otherwise, I'm happy with what I have.

triangle

Hasselblad lost me--perhaps permanently--when the slashed the price of the H5D-50c months after I bought it. I have no confidence, at this point, that they know what they are doing. This comes after years of loyalty, owning every H model since the H3 and every single lens in the line. I get it that digital MF equipment has a short life span, but come on... We will see what their trade-up program is, but the value of my kit has already been whacked.
My experience, too. Bought the H5D40 and the 24mm HCD lens at full price only to see the price cut by $AUS10,000 six weeks later. Not a word from my dealer. I likely wouldn't go back to Hassy for that reason alone.

Jamgolf

H6D Page

H6D trade-in program
"We are offering substantial trade-in savings on the purchase of an H6D system. See your nearest dealer for more information."

I wonder what the substantial trade-in savings are.
Anyone have any details...

B&H is listed as Hasselblad dealer butI am surprized they don't even have H6D on their website yet.
I don't think CI and DT are Hasselblad dealers anymore - right?

Hi guys,

With our exclusive H6D trade-in program we are offering a generous allowance for existing Hasselblad users and those wishing to convert from other camera systems.

The trade-in program is valid from 1st April – 30th September 2016.

Please find all the H6D prices here http://www.hasselblad.com/products/h6d-trade-in-program

// The Hasselblad team

H6D Page

H6D trade-in program
"We are offering substantial trade-in savings on the purchase of an H6D system. See your nearest dealer for more information."

B&H is listed as Hasselblad dealer butI am surprized they don't even have H6D on their website yet.

jagsiva

Hi guys,

With our exclusive H6D trade-in program we are offering a generous allowance for existing Hasselblad users and those wishing to convert from other camera systems.

Please find all the H6D prices here http://www.hasselblad.com/products/h6d-trade-in-program

// The Hasselblad team

Nice!

Interesting that the big megapixel competitor backs are not quite covered here, i.e IQx60/80 etc. The offer flattens out at 30MP backs.

cerett

Hi guys,

// The Hasselblad team
Thank you very much for this information. The way I read this, the trade-in value of my H5D-50C for a H6D-100C is around $13,000, correct? Given the size of the sensor, will all of my existing Hasselblad lenses be fully functional on the new camera? Despite apparent advantages, I am not interested in purchasing a whole new set of glass.

jagsiva

H6D Page

H6D trade-in program

They do now incase you want to click the pre-order button :) Wonder if this will be any different from the IQ3 100 on tech lenses...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ad_h_3013742_h6d_100c_medium_format_dslr.html

Hi cerett,

That is correct. The US pricing is here: http://www.hasselblad.com/us/products/h6d-trade-in-program/

All the lenses will be fully functional and compatible with the H6D-100c camera.

// The Hasselblad team

Thank you very much for this information. The way I read this, the trade-in value of my H5D-50C for a H6D-100C is around $13,000, correct? Given the size of the sensor, will all of my existing Hasselblad lenses be fully functional on the new camera? Despite apparent advantages, I am not interested in purchasing a whole new set of glass.

BANKER1

I feel your pain, but I am puzzled by your logic. So, what should Hasselblad done for you? Should thy have told you to wait for a month or two? Should they have gone back and refunded money to purchasers? If so, how far should they go back; one month, two months, six months? Then, they would upset purchasers seven month before. Seems to me Hasselblad could not have pleased everyone. I am sure purchasers at the lower price were very pleased. Maybe we need to have Hasselblad website like MAC Rumors Buyer's Guide that offers advice to "buy now", don't buy", or "caution".

Greg

tcdeveau

Hi cerett,

That is correct. The US pricing is here: http://www.hasselblad.com/us/products/h6d-trade-in-program/

All the lenses will be fully functional and compatible with the H6D-100c camera.

// The Hasselblad team
Will the HCD lenses (24, 28, 35-90mm) have full coverage with the H6D-100c, or will they use a crop of the sensor? I was under the impression that the HCD lenses were designed for smaller sensors (e.g. product literature of the 24mm says it will not cover film @ 41.5x56mm)

Would it possble (now or in the future) to purchase the 100 MP digital back without the H6D body?
This question can be quite important to technical camera users.
Hi Jamgolf,

We do not plan to offer the H6D digital back only. We are offering only Multi-Shot digital backs as separate units at the moment. Please find more information here www.hasselblad.com/digital-backs/multi-shot-digital-back

// The Hasselblad team

Will the HCD lenses (24, 28, 35-90mm) have full coverage with the H6D-100c, or will they use a crop of the sensor? I was under the impression that the HCD lenses were designed for smaller sensors (e.g. product literature of the 24mm says it will not cover film @ 41.5x56mm)
Hi tcdeveau,

Theoretically you would not fully cover all the area. The H6D-100c sensor is equivalent to the size of the H5D-60 CCD sensor. However, practically it covers more or less the whole sensor.

// The Hasselblad team

gerald.d

Two other questions if I may...

Is the 4K video from the full sensor?

Can you pull 4k video from a crop of the sensor without pixel binning?

Kind regards,

Gerald

Two other questions if I may...

Is the 4K video from the full sensor?

Can you pull 4k video from a crop of the sensor without pixel binning?

Kind regards,

Gerald
Hi gerald.d,

There is a vertical crop to get 16:9 aspect, but full width is used.

No, you cannot pull 4K from the center of the sensor.

// The Hasselblad team

gerald.d

One more...

Is the decision not to make the back available separately purely a marketing one, or is there something fundamental in the way the new camera has been designed that means that technically it would not be possible for the back to be used without the camera?

Kind regards,

Gerald