The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Teaser

One more...

Is the decision not to make the back available separately purely a marketing one, or is there something fundamental in the way the new camera has been designed that means that technically it would not be possible for the back to be used without the camera?

Kind regards,

Gerald
Hi Gerald,

This is indeed a business decision. Technically it would be possible with some modification. I will make sure the Hasselblad business decision makers get your note.

// The Hasselblad team

med

Hi gerald.d,

There is a vertical crop to get 16:9 aspect, but full width is used.

No, you cannot pull 4K from the center of the sensor.

// The Hasselblad team
Is it Cinema 4k (4096x2160) or UHD (3840x2160)?

Also, can the HDMI output send 4k out? Can it output 4:2:2 (4k or HD)?

Exciting camera! Looking forward to some field tests in the wild and more information/specs.

Hello Hasselblad team
Will the auxiliary battery that I use for my technical camera on my H5D50 (the one that is attached to the bottom of the back) work on the H6D100 that I ordered today?
Hi stngoldberg,

Unfortunately the H5D50 solution is designed for that specific camera. The new H6D100 camera will not support this specific solution. There is actually no similar solution available for the H6D100 at the moment, but our engineers are working on it.

// The Hasselblad team

gerald.d

Hi Gerald,

This is indeed a business decision. Technically it would be possible with some modification. I will make sure the Hasselblad business decision makers get your note.

// The Hasselblad team
Thanks. It would be amazing to be able to put one of these on my CAPcam.

Really appreciate you joining the forum and taking the time to address all the queries by the way - good job.

Kind regards,

Gerald

stngoldberg

Thank you for that information. I just called my dealer and cancelled the order!
It doesn't seem possible that Hasselblad would ignore technical camera customers!
Stanley

cerett

Is the tripod mounting plate exactly the same as the other H cameras in terms of size, etc. Were there any changes in the dimensions?

med

Thank you for that information. I just called my dealer and cancelled the order!
It doesn't seem possible that Hasselblad would ignore technical camera customers!
Stanley
Especially considering this line from the HDMI section of the Product info page:

"It is also a huge advantage to photographers using liveview to check composition and focus when using a technical camera."

jerome_m

Hi stngoldberg,

Unfortunately the H5D50 solution is designed for that specific camera. The new H6D100 camera will not support this specific solution. There is actually no similar solution available for the H6D100 at the moment, but our engineers are working on it.

// The Hasselblad team
Can't the back be powered via its usb interface? In that case wouldn't a simple USB battery and cable solve that problem? They are generally available for peanuts, so...

stngoldberg

Can't the back be powered via its usb interface? In that case wouldn't a simple USB battery and cable solve that problem? They are generally available for peanuts, so...
USB battery with cable is not a very elegant solution for a $33,000 camera.
It's enough of a PITA carrying around a tripod, technical camera, Leica laser,and an opaque LCC object.
Now you suggest hanging a cable connected to battery from the camera...Hasselblad must duplicate the same solution that they created for the H5D50....namely an ATTACHED battery
Stanley

Jager

I feel your pain, but I am puzzled by your logic. So, what should Hasselblad done for you? Should thy have told you to wait for a month or two? Should they have gone back and refunded money to purchasers? If so, how far should they go back; one month, two months, six months? Then, they would upset purchasers seven month before. Seems to me Hasselblad could not have pleased everyone. I am sure purchasers at the lower price were very pleased. Maybe we need to have Hasselblad website like MAC Rumors Buyer's Guide that offers advice to "buy now", don't buy", or "caution".

Greg
I agree, Greg.

I bought the CFV-50c at its original $15K price three weeks before the $10K "promotion" that started on October 1st. My impeccably poor timing cost me five grand. I had even asked the Hasselblad rep who kindly demoed the back for me a few days prior my purchase if he had heard of any specials or price reductions or promotions coming down the pipeline. He shook his head no.

I (obviously) believed him then. I believe him to this day.

Even as I was aghast at having "lost" that money, I didn't blame Hasselblad. It was just one of those things that sometimes happen.

And I've loved that CFV-50c to the moon.

jerome_m

It's enough of a PITA carrying around a tripod, technical camera, Leica laser,and an opaque LCC object.
Now you suggest hanging a cable connected to battery from the camera...Hasselblad must duplicate the same solution that they created for the H5D50....namely an ATTACHED battery
Stanley
Aw... come on! The solution on the H5D50 is not that great and costs quite a bit of money. If you can do with a 10$ USB power bank and a cable you already have, you'll have some money left for a bit of velcro tape.

DanielDuarte

Hi guys,

With our exclusive H6D trade-in program we are offering a generous allowance for existing Hasselblad users and those wishing to convert from other camera systems.

The trade-in program is valid from 1st April – 30th September 2016.

Please find all the H6D prices here http://www.hasselblad.com/products/h6d-trade-in-program

// The Hasselblad team
Is there a page wth USD prices or is a simple conversion enough? I know sometimes US and European deals and offers differ slightly.

Jamgolf

If you can do with a 10$ USB power bank and a cable you already have, you'll have some money left for a bit of velcro tape.
I have not used a Hasselblad DB so please excuse my ignorance...
So Hasselblad digital backs do not have a battery of their own and draw power from the H camera body's battery pack?