Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hasselblad Teaser

Post Thanks / Like

Hasselblad Teaser

Hasselblad just posted a teaser on their instagram account (hasselblad_official) with the date "April 7th, 2016" and description "Stay Tuned". Today (April 1st) is a hard day to take anything posted on the internet seriously (with Aprils Fools Day, at least in the US) but maybe we'll see some new MF products from them sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by tcdeveau; 1st April 2016 at 09:31.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Hasselblad Teaser

Apparently there will be no more hideous looking, rebadged Sony cams with names like lunar, stellar, etc.

I hope they are serious atleast on 1st of April.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Apparently there will be no more hideous looking, rebadged Sony cams with names like lunar, stellar, etc.
    Yep, the future looks more like a H6D-100 with USB3 and touch screen.

Post Thanks / Like

H6D-50c, H6D-100c and a great version of phocus is my bet.
    Last edited by digitalBerg; 2nd April 2016 at 02:08.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

It's highly probable they present the next H6D platform, available Fall 2016...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by modator View Post
    It's highly probable they present the next H6D platform, available Fall 2016...
    when the aggressive phaseone price offerings ( like -40% on their new body and extrem generous trad in offers for the new backs ) are an indicator than yes maybe something remarkable is on the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Why can't we get a FF 50mp CMOS? Right now its either a cropped 50mp or an overkill 100mp FF.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yea I did get a invite for a Hassy event in NY but I can't make it
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharokin View Post
    Why can't we get a FF 50mp CMOS? Right now its either a cropped 50mp or an overkill 100mp FF.
    That would be right up my alley!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

It would be sweet if they reintroduced the X-Pan
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Don,

Seems logical that a wide sensor could be made that would take the same amount of square millimeters as current full frame sensors and get the same amount of sensors from the chip size of the manufacturers raw chip. But it is also logical that a single camera maker would not order enough chips to make it worthwhile for the manufacturer. There lies the dilemma.

Greg

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Mirrorless MFD
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    Mirrorless MFD
    That would cause a major disturbance in the Force (i.e., the energy field that binds the medium format universe and has been controlled by the Phase Empire).
    I think something more prosaic is likely. A SWC with a digital back. Unfortunately, I doubt Hassy has had the capital to fund the R&D for an all new mirrorless body. I hope I am wrong. Something disruptive would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Could it be a V system resurrection?
    Since they seem to not have the funds to develop an entire MF different system, why not get the V off the induced comatose state? The bigger the sensor the more sense it makes to use CF glass. The revival could start with the 3 most popular lenses being revamped or revisited, either by Zeiss itself or by Fuji under license. imo
    Eduardo

Quote Originally Posted by hcubell View Post
    That would cause a major disturbance in the Force (i.e., the energy field that binds the medium format universe and has been controlled by the Phase Empire).
    I think something more prosaic is likely. A SWC with a digital back. Unfortunately, I doubt Hassy has had the capital to fund the R&D for an all new mirrorless body. I hope I am wrong. Something disruptive would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Something even simpler would be nice: a full frame 6x6 digital back, with a reasonable megapixel count.

I cannot understand, given the very large installed base of V system users, why this has never happened...

Quote Originally Posted by hcubell View Post

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Don Libby View Post
    It would be sweet if they reintroduced the X-Pan
    I would break open the piggy bank for that. However, Hasselblad have to be a company looking forwards and not backwards and so I doubt that we'd see either a panoramic, V system or 6x6 sensor system. It seems likely that it'll have to be their new H system with 100mp options.

Personally I'd love a digital 617 vs the X-Pan plus there's a place in heart for a true square sensor like the 6x6 but I'd take any of them!
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chipcarterdc View Post
    Something even simpler would be nice: a full frame 6x6 digital back, with a reasonable megapixel count.

I cannot understand, given the very large installed base of V system users, why this has never happened...
    It obviously would be nice if it could be used on the Hy6 as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Mirrorless MFD
    Marc,

Mirrorless MFD was what I was told by a former Hasselblad area sales rep just prior to the introduction of the Lunar. He was just full of it, I guess and didn't last long after that. Upon the introduction of the Lunar, I bought a Leica M. A medium format mirrorless camera that used H lenses makes sense to me. However the large MF lenses kind of negate the purpose of a small sized mirrorless cam.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Mirrorless MFD
    Mirrorless PLUS 65mm cinema format for video to compete with the
    ARRI Alexa 65 but on a much lower price, lenses are identical already, see http://www.hasselblad.com/de/our-wor...-collaboration

Ok i know, April 1st is long over but i somehow question what is in for HB
    in the MFD segment that justifies significant investments in R&D. MF video
    would certainly be a game changer, not sure they have the knowledge though.

A H6D would be a "yeah me too" kind of a thing, maybe I'd upgrade, maybe not.

Lets see whats coming, at least i'm sure they learned their lesson with the Lunar.

Best Regards,
    Ralf

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

One thing that always baffled me was why the H camera didn't evolve to a dual shutter camera.

I cannot tell you how much fun it was to adapt my HC lenses to a new dual shutter Leica S and shoot with a focal plane shutter up to 1/4000. Especially the HC100/2.2 and HC150/2.5N.

If Hasselblad had made such a camera, I'd probably still be using one.

- Marc

Post Thanks / Like

Re-introduction of the V-system would be nice. The date would fit too, since it´s almost exactly 3 years now that they abandoned it. I still hope they have not scrapped the machinery for producing V-system cameras yet. Remember, Rollei was able to rise from the ashes several times because they always kept the machinery.
    Further more, I wish for a mirrorless V-Hasselblad, based on the body of the SWC but with the ability to change lenses.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Because Sony (or some one else) would need to develop a new 50 MP full frame sensor, bottom up. Probably needing a new pixel design. So the sensor would be more expensive to develop/make than the 100MP sensor, which probably leans quite a bit on late generations designs.

Hasselblad (or some one else) could sell such a back with lower margins, of course.

Best regards
    Erik

Quote Originally Posted by digitalBerg View Post
    That would be right up my alley!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by BANKER1 View Post
    Marc,

Mirrorless MFD was what I was told by a former Hasselblad area sales rep just prior to the introduction of the Lunar. He was just full of it, I guess and didn't last long after that. Upon the introduction of the Lunar, I bought a Leica M. A medium format mirrorless camera that used H lenses makes sense to me. However the large MF lenses kind of negate the purpose of a small sized mirrorless cam.

Greg
    I'm not sure the only advantage of mirror-less is just size Greg.

However, I do not think Hasselblad will be announcing such a radical departure … nor do I believe the V system will rise like a Phoenix.

- Marc

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get too carried away. Hasselblad is a small company with limited resources, even if they had infinite amount of money (which they don't) they're currently only so many engineers. It takes a lot of man hours to develop even what may seem "little" things.

My guess is a H6D, including a 100MP with the Sony sensor, with a new digital back platform with touch screen. Nothing more, nothing less.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My actual guess is an H5D100 and no more.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

They just posted another teaser, a [partial] pic that looks like a sleek side profile of a back

https://www.instagram.com/hasselblad_official/

An H6D-50c (with the current 50mp sony sensor) and/or H6D-100 with an improved rear LCD and USB 3.0 (or other such as USB-C, thunderbolt, etc) would be just fine with me. I was also very impressed with the clarity and responsiveness of the top LCD touch-screen on the Phase XF when I tested one and would love to see something similar on an H6D body. Anything else save Phocus improvements is probably unlikely but we'll find out soon enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by torger
    Don't get too carried away. Hasselblad is a small company with limited resources, even if they had infinite amount of money (which they don't) they're currently only so many engineers. It takes a lot of man hours to develop even what may seem "little" things.
    Hmm, interesting: small Swedish company requires technically-minded individuals located in Sweden to further its return to greatness.

Do you know any technically-minded individuals located in Sweden, Anders? Hmm?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

That is quite a lot...

But let's speculate:

• H6D with 100MP Sony sensor and touch screen
    • H6D with 50MP Sony sensor and touch screen
    • H6D Multishot
    • Something coming out of the DJI cooperation

Why? It makes to have 100MP and 50MP on the same platform. Hasselblad used to have a multishot platform.

Best regards
    Erik

Quote Originally Posted by torger View Post

My guess is a H6D, including a 100MP with the Sony sensor, with a new digital back platform with touch screen. Nothing more, nothing less.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Today Hasselblad on it's Facebook page have disclose a little about what is coming on 7 April...

the image they post is very dark showing a silhouette of a new back or the entire H6D Lineup...
    with some digital lightening I found some little other interesting detail such as there is only one line of button ? or only one button, and if it's only one we have to expect a touch screen I suppose..
    Anyway it's clear the image they post is related to a NEW BACK design, the bottom is more flat and the CF Card door is re designed to adapt to the new line of the body, plus this door have only the H logo instead of model name (or maybe the model number is deliberately wiped to put more suspence...).

here's the resulting image:

Stay tuned, best regards, Domenico.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

+1

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Enda Cavanagh View Post
    +1
    I am sure many people will be surprised and very happy with the H6 and new camera platform that will be presented :-).... as it will be the ultimate camera many of us have been waiting for!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Hasselblad/Fujifilm Mirrorless MF in addition to the H6D maybe?
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by HiredArm View Post
    Hasselblad/Fujifilm Mirrorless MF in addition to the H6D maybe?
    Nope. There won't be any real surprises. Just a H6D and a new back design. Probably the most interesting part will be the price. My guess is around 34k with camera.

Which brings me back to my question ? Is phase nuts ? Or am I.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Nope. There won't be any real surprises. Just a H6D and a new back design. Probably the most interesting part will be the price. My guess is around 34k with camera.

Which brings me back to my question ? Is phase nuts ? Or am I.
    If Phase is nuts then so are all the people who have purchased IQ3 100mp units in the last four months. It's been, by far, our most successful product launch ever.
    Doug Peterson , Digital Transitions | Email
    Dealer for: Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Eizo, Profoto
    Office: 877.367.8537. Cell: 740.707.2183

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dougpeterson View Post
    If Phase is nuts then so are all the people who have purchased IQ3 100mp units in the last four months. It's been, by far, our most successful product launch ever.
    Mostly, I suspect, because the upgrade price was so reasonable. (By Phase standards, anyway!) I've just made my first large (48 inch) prints from the IQ3 100 back and I'm blown away by the fine detail and dynamic range.
    Bill CB

www.billcaulfeild-browne.ca
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You are not going to see the V-System resurrected. It doesn't make any sense I'm afraid.

In 12 hours or so you are going to see some cool stuff though

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.digineff.cz/clanek/aktuality/hasselblad-h6d

H6D-100c, H6D-50c and Phocus 3.0. Hopefully coming in a more accessible language soon :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Flash sync at 1/2000 of a second on all existing lenses?
    Can't see mention of a touch screen? Could be Google translate is crap...
    Like the duel card slots, USB 3 and HDMI.
    2.5 frames a second (for 50c). Not sure what the competition offers here.
    I'm guessing the Google translation of "does not have a serial shoot" means no video?
    I wonder what the price will be compared to the competition, but I'm guessing less.

H6D-100c, H6D-50c and Phocus 3.0. Hopefully coming in a more accessible language soon :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjv View Post
    I'm guessing the Google translation of "does not have a serial shoot" means no video?
    Then why is there an audio connection?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerome_m View Post
    Then why is there an audio connection?
    Maybe another way of saying "acoustic exposure feedback", like on older models, rather than an audio input? Another translation issue, perhaps?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thumbs up Re: Hasselblad Teaser

To preserve it's tradition the H6D in respect to the H5D line is an evolution on different fronts

HARDAWARE:
    A) The interface, with the replacement of the old firewire with the more modern USB3
    B) Audio and mini HDMI to connect to external display, this feature lead to the possibility to implement 4k/8K audio video recording by a firmware upgrade to come...

FIRMWARE:
    A) ISO 12800 & 25600
    B) Sync Speed from 1/2000 to 60min

This two feature I think they can spread over the H5D line for christmas 2016 (like Hasselblad done in the past Year)...

It seem they are going little by little filling the gap between phase one, but with this brief note in czech it's difficult to know how much...
    anyway Well Done Hasselblad... a little dream come true and now I know what to ask to santa...

Regards, Domenico.
    Last edited by modator; 7th April 2016 at 01:52.

Post Thanks / Like

So 4K/8K video recorded straight to internal memory card, or via HDMI?
    If the former, that's pretty epic!

I'd say after this implementation, as it stands now with what Phase have on offer, there is no gap between brands. Choose which one you already have lenses for or feels better in the hand and just get out and make work.

Personally – and my Credo is V mount, so I've got no horse in the race... yet... – I'd rather go the Hasselblad, as I like the ergonomics, True-focus, HTS and better cooperation with Adobe for Lightroom based processing.

I wonder what Phocus 3.0 will be like, and if their scene calibration algorithms will be better for big shifts on tech cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by modator View Post
    To preserve it's tradition the H6D in respect to the H5D line is an evolution on different fronts

HARDAWARE:
    A) The interface, with the replacement of the old firewire with the more modern USB3
    B) Audio and mini HDMI to connect to external display, this feature lead to the possibility to implement 4k/8K audio video recording by a firmware upgrade to come...

FIRMWARE:
    A) ISO 12800
    B) Sync Speed from 1/2000 to 60min

This two feature I think they can spread over the H5D line for christmas 2016 (like Hasselblad done in the past Year)...

It seem they are going little by little filling the gap between phase one, but with this brief note in czech it's difficult to know how much...
    anyway Well Done Hasselblad... a little dream come true and now I know what to ask to santa...

Regards, Domenico.

Post Thanks / Like

That info has now been taken offline. Looks like the Czechs jumped the gun and got slapped down by H'blad.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

So it looks like the H6D-50c and H5D-50c is at the same price...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by digitalBerg View Post
    So it looks like the H6D-50c and H5D-50c is at the same price...
    I love the golden shutter button...
    Christopher Hauser
    My iPhone / iPad Apps
    http://www.hauser-photoart.com

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

And my guess with 34k for the 100MP was spot on. I would not be suprised if phase one released a cheaper IQX 100 with less feutures soon. Wouldn't be the first time.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Marc is gonna want one...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm trying to confirm that in the power supply section, the additional external socket is for the battery to drive a technical camera.
    Does anyone have additional info?

Stanley