The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LCDVF for Phase One P+ series backs

wagabundo

does anybody have tried to find correct LCDVF for P+ digital backs ?

I can't find correct size :/ in 4:3 aspect ratio.. All of them are too big..

due I live in Poland hit and miss isn't an option.. (shipping costs)

fotophil

My recollection is the LCD image quality on the P+ Series of Phase Backs was pretty low resolution such that a magnifying hood would not help. A simple non-magnifying (no optics)[ device would block stray light. Unfortunately most commercial hoods are designed for the 35mm 2:3 ratio so they do fit well on the Phase Back. There are several 35mm size adhesive mounted three sided hoods offered by B & H aw well as a non-magnifying lupe made by Hoodman Company.

wagabundo

to fot P back, lcdvf frame should have dimensions as below

from 40mm to 45mm vertically
from 50mm to 66mm horizontally

My recollection is the LCD image quality on the P+ Series of Phase Backs was pretty low resolution such that a magnifying hood would not help. A simple non-magnifying (no optics)[ device would block stray light. Unfortunately most commercial hoods are designed for the 35mm 2:3 ratio so they do fit well on the Phase Back. There are several 35mm size adhesive mounted three sided hoods offered by B & H aw well as a non-magnifying lupe made by Hoodman Company.