Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Hasselblad Phocus and file creation date in exports

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Neutral Zone
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like

    Hasselblad Phocus and file creation date in exports

    Hi all

    being somewhat new to Phocus and the CFV50c, it looks like my JPEG exports get their creation date updated to the processing date, which completely irritates me. I tried to find an option to change this (like "raw date" for the file naming template), but was unsuccessful. Does anyone know how to preserve the original creation date when exporting JPEGs?

    Thanks a lot
    Ivo

    ---
    running the latest versions of Phocus and OSX

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Phocus and file creation date in exports

    Quote Originally Posted by Photon42 View Post
    Hi all

    being somewhat new to Phocus and the CFV50c, it looks like my JPEG exports get their creation date updated to the processing date, which completely irritates me. I tried to find an option to change this (like "raw date" for the file naming template), but was unsuccessful. Does anyone know how to preserve the original creation date when exporting JPEGs?

    Thanks a lot
    Ivo

    ---
    running the latest versions of Phocus and OSX
    If I understand you correctly, the issue is that the processing date is the date the JPG was created (unless they are created in camera).
    What you need to do is save a custom file naming template to include "Raw Date" in the file name, see attached screenshot:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Neutral Zone
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Phocus and file creation date in exports

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick-T View Post
    If I understand you correctly, the issue is that the processing date is the date the JPG was created (unless they are created in camera).
    What you need to do is save a custom file naming template to include "Raw Date" in the file name, see attached screenshot:
    Hi Nick

    thanks for your thoughts. My issue is that Phocus adds the processing date as the image creation date within the EXIF data. I know how to change the file name to preserve the original file date within the file name (using the RAW date option), but the EXIF will still show the processed date as creation date. This is, by the way, not the case with DNG exports. Any other direction you can think of?

    Ivo

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Phocus and file creation date in exports

    Yes I've noticed the same thing! Quite annoying indeed.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  5. #5
    Member Hasselblad Official's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Phocus and file creation date in exports

    Quote Originally Posted by Photon42 View Post
    Hi Nick

    thanks for your thoughts. My issue is that Phocus adds the processing date as the image creation date within the EXIF data. I know how to change the file name to preserve the original file date within the file name (using the RAW date option), but the EXIF will still show the processed date as creation date. This is, by the way, not the case with DNG exports. Any other direction you can think of?

    Ivo
    Hi Ivo,

    Thanks for pointing this out. We have noticed our Phocus development team and they will look into this.

    // The Hasselblad team
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Neutral Zone
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Phocus and file creation date in exports

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselblad Official View Post
    Hi Ivo,

    Thanks for pointing this out. We have noticed our Phocus development team and they will look into this.

    // The Hasselblad team
    That is quite impressive. Thanks a lot.

  7. #7
    Senior Member bab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Hasselblad Phocus and file creation date in exports

    Quote Originally Posted by Photon42 View Post
    That is quite impressive. Thanks a lot.
    Why when you try to export as a DNG file does Phocus crash?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad Phocus and file creation date in exports

    Quote Originally Posted by bab View Post
    Why when you try to export as a DNG file does Phocus crash?
    Justs tested here and DNG export works fine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •