The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Phocus 3.0 is arrived test, result and problems...

modator

Yesterday Hasselblad have released to the public the newer version of Phocus with some restyling to the user interface and little improvements.

The main new feature it's the new layer function that permit to apply graduated compensations etc.

I made a test, balancing the level of the withe background as a test, and here's the result:

Color, noise and other parameters seems little improved too.

But some little problems remains... and new one are coming, for example in live view tethered zooming 100% for focus picking sometime show a thin black blinking line... like some graphic error on the interface occurs, the configuration button preset window also in this new version doesn't contemplate the option to configure the Live View function button... (all except live view button function ?? why ???) this is an old little problem again unsolved in this release.

In general I feel the program much responsive and I like it.

Best regards, Domenico.

Last edited:

tcdeveau

Thanks for the info Domenico. Which OS are you using? I had been holding off upgrading to El Capitan until they improved Phocus. I plan to upgrade this weekend and can post my impressions as well.
-Todd

modator

Hi, I'm using the last version of OSX "El Capitan" on a Mac Pro platform.
Best, Domenico.

Thanks for the info Domenico. Which OS are you using? I had been holding off upgrading to El Capitan until they improved Phocus. I plan to upgrade this weekend and can post my impressions as well.
-Todd