The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 9.1.1 Crashes all the time!!!

kimyeesan

I am running a Mac Pro 6 core version and El Capitan OS. When I tried to do colour edits pick and create mask, the C1 will crash out. It does not do that to all files, it do it to bigger files from my credo 50 but not sony's A7r2. It works fine on some IIQ files from IQ3 100mp files. And now I notice some of the older files that I upgraded from version 8 catalog to 9 will also have problem.

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?

Please help~~

Jeffg53

9.1.1 has all sorts of problems. Back off to the previous release if you can. It would be worth checking on the Phase forum to see if your problem has been reported.

RVB

I am running a Mac Pro 6 core version and El Capitan OS. When I tried to do colour edits pick and create mask, the C1 will crash out. It does not do that to all files, it do it to bigger files from my credo 50 but not sony's A7r2. It works fine on some IIQ files from IQ3 100mp files. And now I notice some of the older files that I upgraded from version 8 catalog to 9 will also have problem.

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?

Please help~~
Have you tried trashing the preference files and restarting the app??

Rob

Hulyss Bowman

C1 9.1.1 can be unstable when too much memory used. On windows it give you a warning on low memory computers or when you start to crunch too much memory i.e when you run multiple programs with allocated memory usage such as PS. Do you have PS open ?

I recommend at least 16GB of good DDR (4) to be comfortable at editing large files from 40 to 80 MP.

RVB

C1 9.1.1 can be unstable when too much memory used. On windows it give you a warning on low memory computers or when you start to crunch too much memory i.e when you run multiple programs with allocated memory usage such as PS. Do you have PS open ?

I recommend at least 16GB of good DDR (4) to be comfortable at editing large files from 40 to 80 MP.
Do you think hardware acceleration could have something to do with this? Thats if it's enabled?

Hulyss Bowman

Do you think hardware acceleration could have something to do with this? Thats if it's enabled?
Maybe. It really depend of your graphic card, embed memory on the graphic card, your CPU and your total RAM. C1 use OpenCL and I think it is disabled by default on fresh install. The best way to know is to try it out. Hardware acceleration work best with modern graphic cards with at least 2GB of memory. I personally use a quadro K2000 but this isn't really necessary for photography only. Per say, a simple Geforce GT 610 with 2GO is more than sufficient (but you need good proc and Ram behind).

kimyeesan

I think I found the fix. Have to turn off the OpenCL. I work fine now.
I am running Mac Pro with 32gb ram and ATI FirePro D500 3gb