The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Movements + Capture One

I noticed a more things in C1 today - fields for the focal length/aperture/x-shift/y-shift. Wasn't sure whether or not it had any application beyond EXIF, but things did change when I gave them values, so.. how do people generally record this information at the time of capture for later use? And are there any resources for the extent of distortion correction (via slider) needed at a given shift? I've found that - whilst the extremes might be straight, there's often a little wiggle room towards the center.

If anyone can offer insight - or other things of note you may want to share with a tech cam noob.. would very much appreciate it.

jagsiva

I noticed a more things in C1 today - fields for the focal length/aperture/x-shift/y-shift. Wasn't sure whether or not it had any application beyond EXIF, but things did change when I gave them values, so.. how do people generally record this information at the time of capture for later use? And are there any resources for the extent of distortion correction (via slider) needed at a given shift? I've found that - whilst the extremes might be straight, there's often a little wiggle room towards the center.

If anyone can offer insight - or other things of note you may want to share with a tech cam noob.. would very much appreciate it.
Recording values in the field during capture time is purely a manual task as far as I know (paper and pen).
The values, however, are very useful, especially if you are using the tech lens profiles built into C1. Most of the new Rodies are covered.