Site Sponsors

Thread: Movements + Capture One

Post Thanks / Like

Movements + Capture One

I noticed a more things in C1 today - fields for the focal length/aperture/x-shift/y-shift. Wasn't sure whether or not it had any application beyond EXIF, but things did change when I gave them values, so.. how do people generally record this information at the time of capture for later use? And are there any resources for the extent of distortion correction (via slider) needed at a given shift? I've found that - whilst the extremes might be straight, there's often a little wiggle room towards the center.

If anyone can offer insight - or other things of note you may want to share with a tech cam noob.. would very much appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Movements + Capture One

Quote Originally Posted by colorspace View Post
    I noticed a more things in C1 today - fields for the focal length/aperture/x-shift/y-shift. Wasn't sure whether or not it had any application beyond EXIF, but things did change when I gave them values, so.. how do people generally record this information at the time of capture for later use? And are there any resources for the extent of distortion correction (via slider) needed at a given shift? I've found that - whilst the extremes might be straight, there's often a little wiggle room towards the center.

If anyone can offer insight - or other things of note you may want to share with a tech cam noob.. would very much appreciate it.
    Recording values in the field during capture time is purely a manual task as far as I know (paper and pen).
    The values, however, are very useful, especially if you are using the tech lens profiles built into C1. Most of the new Rodies are covered.